US Ecology, Inc. is a leading North American provider of environmental services. Since 1952 we have been helping our customers keep the environment clean by doing the hard but rewarding work of safely disposing of hazardous and regulated waste. In short, we work to protect human health and the environment in pursuit of a sustainable future for our children and their grandchildren.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
Fundamental to everything we do is our commitment to valuing the talents of each individual and harnessing the combined strengths of our diverse work force. The people of US Ecology are committed to this partnership and are the cornerstone of our overall success. US Ecology provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off and much more!
We are currently seeking Class "A" or "B" CDL Drivers to join our growing team!
Support US Ecology's 24/7/365 operations on emergency response, land service and maritime contracts or projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execution of fieldwork encompassed in marine services, industrial cleaning, UST removal, waste packaging and disposal, site demolition, emergency spill response and site cleanup projects while under no supervision.
- Execution of advanced skills in work associated with one or more of the skilled trades/crafts.
- Proficient in the completion of all job-specific, employee related NRC paper work including Timesheets, Daily Work Reports and Daily Tailgate Safety Meeting Forms. Correct completion of Driver's Logs and Notes/Incident Action Logbook. Correct completion of Hazardous Waste Manifests, Health and Safety Forms, Job Start Forms and Client Summary of Event Forms as required.
- Load/ unload drums, cylinders, equipment from and into vans, flatbeds, trailers and assist in retrieval or cleanup of biomedical waste.
- Understand and comply with company and client safety standards and set up a containment reduction zone consistent with OSHA regulations.
- Execution of competent person training which includes field calibration of combustible gas indicators (CGI). Calibrate and use air monitoring equipment.
- Safely drive and perform safety checks on all NRC vehicles (including Class A /B) and all NRC marine vessels as required. Attach and operate equipment attachments for various vehicles (forklift, bobcat, etc).
- Supervise Technician I and II personnel as required with a basic understanding of NRC personnel policies and applicable laws and regulations. Demonstrate foreman capabilities and lead others.
- Must be clean shaven at all times to allow for immediate donning of respirator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires High School or GED (or equivalent reading, writing and reasoning skills)
- 2+ years of experience performing directly related work (fire fighting, emergency response, general construction, industrial cleaning).
- Qualified employees must possess or be able to complete the 80-hour HAZWOPER certification (Washington only), plus possess current 8 hour hazwoper refresher certificate.
- Needs 8 hour OSHA Supervisor Certification.
- Must have a valid Class "A or B" License with Hazmat Endorsement; a clear DMV Record and demonstrate level B competence with both SCBA and air-line respirators.
- Ability to follow directions; read/write/speak and understand English; read and understand common danger placards / labels and hazardous warning literature including site safety plans.
- Must have training in hazardous materials management and compliance, or equivalent topics.
- Completion of applicable trade or craft training or apprenticeship programs preferred.
- Must be Confined Space Qualified and have CPR/First Aid Training. Ability do travel, work on site and extends hours as required.
US Ecology is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a drug free work environment to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
National Response Corporation