The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking outstanding individuals who are interested in making a difference in the lives of children and families in the south Lincoln office. We are looking for individuals for this essential position who are mission driven, action oriented, and possess excellent communication skills. We are seeking candidates to fill positions for openings throughout the state and are hiring for spots in our upcoming training classes. The location of the training has not yet been determined, but depending on the locale, some candidates may be required to travel to attend training class. Trainees are hired at $15.861 per hour and after successful completion of initial training are promoted to $18.600 per hour. Please view the following link for a Realistic Job Preview of the position:
Location and address of posiition: DHHS South Lincoln Office 5220 South 16th Lincoln, NE
Work schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. after hours and on-call required
Examples of Work
In this position, you will serve as a case manager for families referred to the Department of Health and Human Services.
This will require you to:
- Investigate allegations of abuse/neglect, visit homes, conduct safety assessments, establish safety plans, and initiate court interventions.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate treatment plans, authorize, coordinate, and provide family services.
- Prepare cases with appropriate legal staff and testify in court.
- Develop community resources; work with schools, law enforcement, and mental health providers; inform the public of protection and safety services.
- Perform crisis intervention.
- Prepare documentation, correspondence, and court reports. Casework may be with children/juveniles who have been adjudicated as delinquent or status offenders. Promotion to Child & Family Services Specialist will occur after successful completion of required classroom and on-the-job training programs.
REQUIREMENTS: A Bachelors degree in social work, psychology, sociology, counseling, human development, mental health care, education, criminal justice or other closely related area. Consideration will be given to applicants who will receive a Bachelors degree within 90 days of application date.
PREFERRED : Previous Children and Family Services Specialist experience with the state of the NE is Preferred. Experience with Structured Decision curriculum is preferred.
OTHER: Valid driver's license or the ability to provide independent authorized transportation.
Enjoy the benefits of working for the State of Nebraska. Nebraska offers a comprehensive package of pay, benefits, paid time off, and workplace opportunities to help you get the most out of your career and life.
Check out all that the State of Nebraska has to offer!
This link will take you to the benefits currently offered to permanent employees.
Nebraska State Government