1. Conducts safety, security and procedural incident investigations and audits.
2. Ensures security-level compliance with key company standards of physical security, safety, facility maintenance and other administrative duties as identified and/or as directed by the DC Loss Prevention Supervisor.
3. Documents and reports issues relating to fire, life safety, OSHA compliance, company policy, dishonest activity or any other issues relating to the protection of company assets including property and our associates. Reports findings to DC Loss Prevention Supervisor and/or DC Loss Prevention Manager.
4. Develops a good working relationship with all associates within the company. 5. May be involved with installing various types of security equipment (i.e. CCTV, troubleshooting and service).
6. Performs semi-routine duties where some judgment is required. Work is performed under defined and uniform procedures.
7. Maintains the integrity of our Mission, Vision and Values statement while performing daily job duties.
1. Previous experience in private security or Law Enforcement preferred.
2. High School diploma or GED required. Must have a valid driver's license. Must pass a criminal background check.
3. Ability to communicate fluently in English, good oral and written communication skills, average reading, Math and PC skills, organizational and strong interpersonal skills required. Bilingual a plus.
4. Working knowledge of basic OSHA regulations, physical security, CPR/AED and First Aid preferred.
5. Working knowledge in physical security of a distribution center in protecting company assets, property and associates preferred.
6. Ability to work a flexible shift and position schedule, as well as, work in inclement weather required.
7. Ability to maintain a positive working relationship with all associates within immediate department, distribution center and general office and to use good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
8. Ability to handle multiple tasks, be detail oriented, able to maintain confidentiality and perform duties without immediate and constant supervision.
9. Ability to perform physical activity at a sustained pace within the Distribution Center environment including walking, driving an automobile and lifting (50 pounds) is required.
1. One to three years previous administrative/clerical experience is required.
2. Ability to type 60 WPM and familiarity with a variety of software packages including but not limited to Word and Excel is required.
3. Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills is required.
4. Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, telephone techniques, and office equipment, as well as English usage, spelling and punctuation.
5. Ability to maintain a positive working relationship with all associates within immediate department and other departments and to use good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
6. Ability to handle multiple tasks, be detail oriented and maintain confidentiality. 7. Ability to perform administrative and clerical duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
8. Ability to perform physical activity at a sustained pace within a Distribution Center environment including walking, bending and lifting is required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
Big Lots Stores