Everything But The House (EBTH) is a revolutionary marketplace, making it easier to find or sell secondhand goods, headquartered in Cincinnati, OH. EBTH was born out of a passion for helping people via a full-service approach to consignment; revolutionizing how homeowners, estate managers, dealers and collectors connect with a world of shoppers seeking rare and wonderful things. Each day the global auction platform unleashes an ever-changing assortment of art, jewelry, fashion, collectibles, antiques and more, all with a starting bid of $1.
EBTH aspires to be the first stop for secondhand online. We stand behind our work and offer every customer the “Uncommon Promise”. If we don’t uphold our end of the bargain, we’ll do our best to make it right.
We’re seeking a Corporate Communications Manager for a seasoned corporate communications professional to help grow EBTH’s brand and influence across the globe. In this role you’ll be crafting our narrative, shaping our responses to industry events and trends, providing strategic input on a range of industry and public relations topics. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a wide range of communication experiences who is energized in owning and building this function from the ground up. Reporting to the VP of Brand Marketing, you’ll work closely with internal and external partners to build and scale a strategy to further our mission through compelling story-telling.
As a dynamic company, we move fast and seek to continuously improve – and while this will be a very demanding position, you’ll be surrounded by a passionate team of individuals who are dedicated to the common goal of drastically changing the way personal property is sold, bought and moved across the country – and we have a lot of fun while we’re doing it. We’re proud of our journey and we’re eager to share our story with shoppers, clients and consignors across the world!
Discover everything uncommon at EBTH.COM.
TASKS YOU’LL BE JUGGLING
- Develop EBTH’s stories that advance our narrative and influence in the market
- Determine scope, strategy, positioning, and timing of announcements for business updates
- Shape our point-of-view on e-commerce, auction, and retail industry related topics
- Track and identify relevant news to take a position on and work with teams to craft commentary.
- Identify trends, insights and findings based data and create proactive media announcements tied to industry events, holidays, news cycles and announcements
- Build and maintain relationships with reporters, media, analysts and influencers
- Coordinate with the social media manager to help develop and inform the strategy for social communications
- Develop social strategies to amplify our brand voice and narrative across channels
- Monitor and work to manage online reputation in coordination with social media team and customer solutions
- Draft, edit and coordinate all company press announcements
- Develop additional content for proactive news hooks, customer stories, and data/trend pitching
- Work with digital marketing team to identify key awards, manage entries and deadlines and develop promotion plans
- Research thought leadership topics and draft bylines for executives
- Ensure consistency of messaging across all public facing materials
- Build and manage an internal communication strategy
- Determine content and messaging for employee newsletters and internal business communications
- 7+ years of experience in technology public relations, preferably in a high-growth and/or B2B environment
- Experience collaborating with executives, sales, partnership, legal, and other senior executives
- You should have established relationships with business and technology reporters
- Experience with strategy, development and execution of communication strategies
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally with departments
- Ability to collaborate well with customers and partners, influence without direct authority, and build strong relationships across teams
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate complex program, processes, recommendations, and data to audiences across functions, teams, and organizational levels
- Strategic thinker, with strong program and project management skills and attention to detail
Powered by JazzHR