Peraton is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to support our customer in the Fort Meade / Annapolis Junction, MD area. For more than 30 years, we’ve partnered with customers to advance critical missions across the globe - providing innovative, reliable solutions for Intelligence, defense, and federal civilian agencies.
The candidate will provide software design, development, test and production support for Customer’s critical Programs. The Software Engineer will develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems; review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements; document test results and resolve software problem reports The Software Engineer will provide input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 14 years of software engineering development experience with the Federal Government in programs of similar scope, type and complexity is required
- Four years of additional software development experience may be substituted for degree
- Significant coding experience with Java
- Application development
- Testing experience (Unit/Integration/Functional)
- Willingness to learn new languages as needed
- Basic OS administration experience with Windows/Android/Linux/Mac
- Familiarity with Scrum and Agile development
- Android development
- Mobile device development
- Web development
- Experience with Git - source code control
- Encryption and key management
This position requires you to hold and to be able to maintain an active Top-Secret SCI security clearance with Polygraph.
What you’ll get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
At Peraton, we’re at the forefront of delivering the next breakthrough in national security, every day. We’re the partner of choice to help solve some of the world’s most daunting challenges. How? By thinking differently. We’re not mired in the past. We look at all problems with fresh eyes. We look past the obvious to bring the best talent, tech, and ideas together to completely transform how problems are solved. So bring your unique ideas, your entrepreneurial spirit, and your drive to succeed. Get ready to be part of something bigger. Get ready to do the can’t be done.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.