Department: Supply Chain
Country: United States of America
Full/Part Time: Part time
Job Summary: Under routine supervision, this position is responsible for scheduling, dispatching, and resolving problems for our drivers, contractors, and/or carriers. This position requires you to have exceptional proactive communication skills with internal and external customers including resolving issues with timely pick up and delivery, check calls, activity documentation, and overall promoting a professional workplace attitude in a fast paced environment
Job Description: Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for professional, timely, and effective internal and external driver interaction via phone calls and system messages, by building and maintaining a positive attitude to strengthen driver engagement in order to minimize turnover and improve driver satisfaction and productivity.
- Responsible for driver load monitoring, including resolving any issues that may affect the scheduled times for pickup or delivery, while proactively communicating to the affected customers. These problems normally include truck mechanical problems, traffic or weather issues, or customer directed shipment changes.
- Maintains the company safety culture to include daily safety messages, monthly driver briefings, and help enforce company policies to ensure DOT compliance and company requirements are being met.
- Ability to efficiently assign loads on driver to maximize profitability, customer satisfaction, and driver retention for assigned market areas. Including monitoring ongoing freight optimization based on current loads in progress.
- Maintain driver detention time and manage equipment through effective communication and planning in order to improve operational efficiency and profitability.
Friday : 4:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Saturday: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sunday: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM (or similar, with starting time between 700 - 900)
What does it take to be considered?
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma/GED ; 3-4 years of Transportation/Logistics experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree with 1 year of relevant professional experience or 4-5 years of experience in the Transportation/Logistics industry
- Preference given to those currently enrolled in four year university working towards a degree
- Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy
- Anticipate, recognize, and deal effectively with existing or potential conflicts at the individual, group, or situation level
- Ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment
- Ability to adapt to changing environments
- Establish and maintain healthy working relationships with clients, vendors, and peers
- Ability to meet or exceed team/driver needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner
- Effective communication skills.
Work Experience: Transportation/Logistics
Job Opening ID: 00357149 Part time Dispatcher (Evergreen) (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”