Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
In this role, the Technical Account Manager will manage a portfolio of large merchants in North America region. This role provides many opportunities for creative and challenging problem solving.
Job responsibilities include:
- Act as the primary point-of-contact for all technical activities post launch for managed merchants. Do hands-on troubleshooting and ensure that their day-to-day technical challenges are resolved in a timely and professional manner.
- Pro-actively monitor managed merchants’ PayPal Integration health at all times with real time monitoring tools.
- Have a good understanding of PayPal products and their underlying architecture.
- Perform regular technical audits on merchants’ PayPal integration; provide code samples and recommendations for optimizing it and ensuring PayPal best practices are adopted.
- Take part in regular technical account reviews and provide them with insights and analytics.
- Advocate new PayPal product adoption as well as identify new opportunities where PayPal products and technologies can better fit in merchants’ strategy and architecture.
- Represent merchant’s voice while providing feedback to PayPal’s product and engineering teams to help prioritize the product roadmap accordingly.
- Develop strong working relationships across all levels and functions to drive value for our merchants and PayPal.
- Advocate for the team and represent team's interests when working with other internal teams and stakeholders.
- Build and document knowledge about merchant technical setups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of prior experience as a technical consultant, software engineer, support engineer or partner/sales engineer preferably in Professional Services.
- Working knowledge of firewalls, proxies, TCP/IP, network security and information security.
- Experience with SQL, data visualization and monitoring tools, Linux/Unix.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills including speaking to technical and business audience.
- Ability to influence and persuade internal and external stakeholders working with all areas of management from senior agents up to executives.
- Experience in payments domain is preferred.
Travel Percent: 0
Primary Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Additional Locations: Omaha, Scottsdale
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at .