Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Description & Position Responsibilities:
- Performs internal audit procedures and risk assessments
- Manages testing and analysis of internal controls to ensure functionality and suggests improvements; manages the development of reports to all stakeholders and external regulators
- Assists in the development of written reports to communicate results and produces recommendations after reviewing accounting, statistical, and/or operational records/procedures
- Assists in planning, schedules, and arranges activities to perform internal financial and operational audits; recommends modifications to operating policies
- Assists in the execution of day to day activities to enhance, maintain and monitor the control environment of the company’s global operations.
- Develops solutions to a wide range of problems, leveraging full knowledge of GAAP, Corning policies, and COSO Framework
- Develops extensive knowledge of accounting and control processes, policies and procedures and management accounting processes in preparation for future growth opportunities within the company.
- Partnering with Ernst & Young performing internal audits
- Compliance work relating to internal and external audit objectives
- Project Involvement
- Internal control improvement projects
- Accounting process or new standard implementations
- Business specific troubleshooting projects involving internal controls
- Degree in Accounting or Business Degree with Accounting Emphasis
- 2 to 5 years of Public Accounting experience
- Mobility for future growth
- Big 4 experience Required
- Experience in planning, scheduling, and performing financial and/or operational audits;
- Ability to develop solutions to a wide range of problems, leveraging full knowledge of GAAP, and COSO Framework
- Projects scheduling and budgeting, and time management skills
- Experience assisting in the development and delivery of presentations to communicate audit results
- Demonstrate initiative in building relationships with colleagues from multiple areas
- Experience participating and preparing materials for meetings with external representatives
- Organized self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.