We are offering RNs who are not currently working for Providence or one of our affiliates a $10,000 sign on bonus to join our amazing nursing team! $5000 on your first paycheck and $5000 at 24 months. Repayment would be required based on a prorated amount if you do not complete the minimum retention requirement.*
In this position you will:
- COMMUNICATE closely with the resident and their family. Provide the Primary Nurse's name card to each family/resident to promote direct access to their contact person. Keep the resident/family informed of needs or changes.
- SUPERVISE overall resident care for a specific group of elders within scope of practice according to licensure. Communicate and obtain elder updates from Shahbazim and facilitates shared problem solving, decision making, and planning on each elder from the Shahbazim during each shift.
- ADMINISTER medications and treatments and provide direct licensed nursing care for a specific group of elders on a given shift.
- CONTACT other members of the Clinical Support Team as needed. Complete physician orders, insuring diagnosis, or condition with each order. Evaluate justification for each medication as medically necessary, coordinate efforts to reduce medications. Refer to nursing/social worker intervention prior to gaining an order for a psychoactive medication. Consults Resident Care Coordinator for possible plan of care actions prior to requesting medication or calling the physician.
- COLLABORATE with all other healthcare professionals as needed for service for appropriate residents. Observe and report significant findings to other healthcare professionals
- ASSESS residents within the scope of practice according to licensure and documents findings.
- UPDATE the care plan as changes take place and reviews the care plans changes with the Shahbazim.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing
- Current Alaska Registered Nurse license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire
- 6 months nursing experience in a health care facility including acute care, long term care, and/ or a rehabilitation center
- Supervision/leadership experience
Providence Seward Medical and Care Center is a 6-bed critical access hospital and 40-bed long term care facility providing quality health care to residents and visitors. Our team of physicians, nurses, and support staff deliver compassionate, quality care to all patients. We care for the patients ranging from infants to the elderly with services including, primary care, emergency, inpatient, swing bed, lab, radiology, therapies and nursing home care.
Located only 125 miles south of Anchorage on Resurrection Bay, Seward offers a small community feel and access to a multitude of world class outdoor activities such as kayaking, fishing and hiking.
Providence Health & Services