Chambers Creek Veterinary Hospital
Chambers Creek Veterinary Hospital in Lakewood, WA is looking to add an Associate Veterinarian to their team.
To be a part of Chambers means to be a part of a family that has a deep understanding of the human-animal bond, to be part of a team that advocates for animals, educates clients, and strives to be the best when it comes to the medicine that is practiced, the care that is given, and the client experience that is provided.
Chambers Creek Veterinary Hospital is a fast-paced hospital that provides high caliber medicine and care, while still having the feel of a small, family practice. We strive to practice an elevated level of veterinary medicine with an enhanced dental suite, a dedicated surgery suite, advanced imaging equipment, and comprehensive in-house diagnostic equipment.
AAHA, Fear Free Professionals, Advanced Dentistry, Surgical Suite, Digital Radiography, Ultrasound, In-house Diagnostics.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
· Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
· Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
· Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
· Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
· Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
· Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
· Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth