REPORTS TO:Cage Supervisor
The incumbent in this position is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and appropriateness of transactions conducted for guests and team members in compliance with the Iowa Racing & Gaming Commission regulations, company standard operating procedures and internal controls. Promoting the Rockstar Rewards Card sign up and usage in a pleasant, efficient, and honest manner.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Maintain accountability over a cashier drawer.
- Ensures accurate recording and documentation of all transactions affecting the cage accountability on an assigned shift.
- Cash checks, cashier checks, slot redemption tickets, chips and exchange currency and coins for customers and Team Members.
- Processes transactions related to Table Games and Slot activity.
- Prepares daily bank deposits.
- Issues cash bags to non-gaming departments.
- Maintains cash and accountability of Kiosk cash systems.
- Perform all duties in a confidential manner.
- Is knowledgeable and adheres to Title 31 compliance standards.
- Encourage customers to use the Rock Star Rewards, which entails explaining how to use the card as well as the advantages of its use.
- Effectively explain complimentary structure of Rock Star Rewards and how to qualify for different levels of complimentary.
- Maintain database of Rock Star Rewards program.
- Help communicate all Rock Star Rewards promotions as well as slot tournaments.
- Assist the Casino Host with guests and special events, as needed.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
- Subject to varying levels of crowds, noise levels, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
- Bend, squat, reach and twist throughout specified shift.
- Remain standing for majority of shift and to move around casino cage in an efficient manner.
- Push/pull a drop cart as needed.
Adding machines, currency counters, Jetsort, personal computer and coin roller.
- Experience with cash handling.
- Experience in a customer service capacity.
- Knowledge of casino cage operations is helpful but not required.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Thorough knowledge of gaming control regulations. This knowledge is typically acquired through a minimum of six months cashiering or banking experience.
- Communicate clearly and effectively orally and in written form with guest and team members.
- In addition to the other duties described herein, each Team Member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the Team Member's department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.