Field Service Technician Responsibilities:
- This position requires up to 80% domestic and international travel; Flexibility to work/travel over weekends, holidays, evenings/nights may be regularly required.
- Frequent interface with customers and/or end-users, vendors, and contractors.
- Support in scheduling and coordinating the participation of vested parties at the site to inspect/witness the final installation of equipment and their participation in the execution of start-up and commissioning activities.
- Troubleshoots PLCs, VFDs, and other automated equipment, onsite and remotely.
- Carries out routine inspections of existing system installations. Activities in the mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and automation disciplines, ensuring the quality of the work and the quality of the reports.
- Travel to the customer site to perform final commissioning and demonstrate equipment functions as per specifications to obtain customer acceptance.
- Provides quotations, and technical support of customers, contractors, sales, and engineering for testing and field service activities.
- Operates aerial lifts and other similar machinery to access our equipment often at significant heights.
- Candidate must currently hold or be able to obtain a valid passport (with proper documentation to travel into and outside of the United States), in addition to the TWIC credential.
- B.A. or B.S. from four-year College or university; or 2-year Associate's degree from a technical school; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the use of PLCs, VFDs, data acquisition, wiring, power equipment, and industrial electricity required. Siemens, ABB, and TMEiC platform(s) experience are highly preferred.
- Bilingual and/or multi-lingual candidates are desired.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to regularly convert between the metric and standard units of measure
- Base salary of $60K - $65K, based on experience
- Comprehensive Medical benefits package
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days.
- Profit-sharing program and bonus