Parsons extensive experience in the cleared space, combined with your technical knowledge, will advance your career and leadership. We provide training, development and opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new challenges across the full stack as we continue to push security forward.
In this role you will be involved in all stages of the software life cycle design, implementation, testing, delivery, and system support. Creativity is required to solve challenging, technical problems. You will design, develop, test and implement complex solutions on embedded devices in new, third party, or open source code.
- Participates as a member of an engineering and embedded firmware team for the design of unique electronic subsystems that will be ultimately integrated into the overall operating system.
- Interfaces with technical support personnel, technical writers, and engineering technicians as required.
- May initiate review meetings to discuss functional specifications and and facilitate the effort to translate them into software requirements.
- Collaborates with system and electrical/hardware engineers during the design phase, providing inputs on how to optimize performance within the embedded software framework.
- Develops complex test simulations to verify features and functional specifications.
- Keeps management informed of developmental issues through discussions, technical presentations, and reports.
- Produces technical documentation such as user guides, tutorials, and application notes which support key features and product applications.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science (or related field), or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years engineering or related experience, with at least 2 years’ experience as an embedded firmware engineer
- High degree of proficiency in utilizing technical knowledge to effectively resolve complex engineering/software problems in accordance with client requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and work effectively with team members
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and in writing) with team members, managers, and clients on complex software issues pertaining to assigned tasks
- Active TS/SCI clearance required