This Hospice, Oncology and Med-Surg unit cares for inpatient hospice patients, those receiving chemotherapy and radiation therapy, and post-op surgery patients. The focus of this unit is to maintain a calm and healing environment. A “Registered Nurse” is a person who holds a valid Indiana license, and who bears primary responsibility and accountability for nursing practices based on specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, and behavioral sciences.
- Directs and delegates care based on identified need, skill and competence of other care providers.
- Demonstrates that she/he can work independently within scope of practice.
- Coordinates care with other disciplines.
- Participates in the multidisciplinary rounding.
- Uses appropriate resources – Charge Nurse, Clinical Practice Leader,Unit Manager, Directors, House Supervisor, Pharmacy, etc.
- Demonstrates good time management by having no unjustified overtime.
- Compliant with attendance policy.
- Offers assistance to team to maintain unit productivity – asks “What may I do to help you leave on time?”
- Informs supervisor when hours worked may accrue overtime.
- Collaborates with team and management to develop cost-effective solutions and improve workflow processes.
- Uses team huddles and check-backs to proactively manage changes.
- Builds trust with customers as evidence by: introducing self, actively listening, displaying positive body language, explaining procedures and providing frequent updates.
- Anticipates the needs of customers and responds to questions, concerns and needs in a timely manner.
- Performs rounding, bedside report and hand-off.
- Involves customers in decision-making, care planning and utilizes communication boards in patient rooms.
- Promotes a healing and supportive environment which may include: therapeutic touch/massage, music therapy, aroma therapy, quiet environment, eliminating offensive odors, soothing room environment (temperature, cleanliness, etc.).
- C.A.R.E. principles demonstrated.
- Communicates in a constructive and professional manner in all interactions.
- Upholds Relationship-Based Care (RBC)
- “Commitment to My Co-Workers” agreement.
- Creates WOW experiences.
- Accommodates the cultural, spiritual and emotional needs of customers.
- Approaches customers when they appear to be dissatisfied or in need of other assistance and immediately facilitate
Education Required: Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s Degree required
Licensure: Licensure in the State of Indiana as a Registered Nurse is required
Day shift. 36 hours weekly. 7:00a-7:00p.