What is your goal?
If you're like a lot of people, you want a career that can grow with you. Spectrum Field Technicians come from all kinds of backgrounds and experience levels. If you're new to the role, enter our training program enthusiastic to learn our systems, services and equipment. If you have experience, continue to increase your knowledge to get comfortable with our expanding and evolving range of tools and techniques. Find lasting success and create quality customer relationships. Build your skills to become a valued member of our team and a reliable face in the community. The knowledge you gain here can take you far.
DRIVE THROUGH JOB FAIR
4 Federico Drive, Pittsfield, MA
JANUARY 7, 2021
11:00am to 6:00pm (Visit us anytime within these hours)
Please bring your resume
(2) Sunday 10:00am - 7:00pm, Monday - Thursday Noon - 9:00pm
(1) Tuesday - Friday Noon - 9:00pm, Saturday 10:00am - 7:00pm
What is the role?
Getting started as a Field Tech means getting up-to-date with all that Spectrum has to offer. As we continue to update our tools, technology and efficiencies, we'll teach you to install and service a range of Spectrum products. You'll get at least four weeks of fully paid, hands-on training with power tools, cable and telecom equipment, meters and apps, computer software and more. You'll get to develop pole climbing and ladder skills safely and effectively right at our training facility. We provide all the gear you'll use, and the knowledge you gain will make you a valued professional. There's also support after you have completed training in case you need a quick refresher or higher-level backup.
Climb the Ladder at Spectrum
Are you ready to see how far you can go? There are opportunities to grow and succeed at Spectrum, and we're proud when our people achieve more. It shows in the fact that so many of our Field Operations supervisors, managers, and directors started as Field Techs themselves. They know exactly what it takes to thrive and how to best support their team, whether that means onsite backup or being available to talk through issues. Join our apprenticeship program for support moving up with training and experience. Build a strong foundation for a career that progresses as you do.
The benefits are clear
In addition to the core benefits - industry-leading retirement savings and 401(k) plans, comprehensive healthcare insurance options, dental and vision plans, flexible spending, family leave, and paid training and time off - we offer free Spectrum products and services where available, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and a selection of other programs to support team members and their families. Have previous technical experience and (or) knowledge? Starting salary will be based on level of experience.
This is a physical job, so you must have the ability to do the following:
- Move over, and possibly under, different types of terrain in all-weather while carrying tools and equipment.
- Ability to operate and lift weight-bearing equipment, such as customer premises equipment, gaffs, safety harnesses, extension ladders (that can weigh up to 75 pounds and extend 28 feet).
Additional necessary skills and abilities include:
- A willingness and ability to learn to use handheld devices and operate computer or test equipment. These can include signal level meters, pressure testers, ohm meters, handheld applications, a laptop computer and software.
- Familiarity with computer operating systems and a variety of consumer communications devices, such as smartphones, routers, modems, converters, and wireless devices.
- A valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record within company-required standards. Travel to and from assigned territories and company facilities, including during inclement weather, is essential.
Every day brings something different, so Field Techs should be comfortable working in a lot of different settings, for example:
- High, outdoor places like telephone poles and rooftops, in all weather conditions, possibly for extended periods of time.
- In residences, potentially in poorly ventilated areas such as attics, basements and/or crawlspaces where there may be dust, dirt, noise, insects, rodents, pets, and cleaning solutions.
- Consistent and punctual attendance. The ability to work overtime, weekends, second shift or participate in an on-call rotation when scheduled.
- Out of the box thinkers. You must be able to work with little supervision and have the ability to apply common sense, experience, and theory towards problem solving and decision making.
TCB170 Field Technician II Nonexempt
Area of Interest
Field Operations, Technician
13552 - Southern New England
Controlling Establishment ID
01298 - Chicopee Montgomery St
More on Spectrum
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
LA Background Verbiage Alt Loc
A qualified applicant's criminal history, if any, will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.