The Digital Retail Team is looking for a Product Owner with Supply Chain, Retail, and Inventory Management experience. The Product Owner (PO) is a member of the extended Product Management team and crucial member of the Agile Team. The PO owns the Sprint backlog, representing the single source of truth, and is a key point of contact to the Dev team with the Technical Product Manager for feature and user story details. The PO is responsible for defining and refining features, user stories, and helping prioritize the Agile Team backlog to streamline execution of product priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of features for the team. In this capacity, the PO remains highly available to the Dev teams during each iteration (sprint) in order to answer real time questions and provide clarity to user stories. The PO also drives user story refinement activities ensuring Team backlog 'ready' work for Dev team. These two functions are critical to enabling Dev teams to improve and maintain high velocity / productivity in iteration (sprint) execution.
The PO also has a significant role in quality control and is empowered to accept stories as done, ensuring the acceptance criteria has been met. This role has significant relationships and responsibilities outside their specific Agile team, including working with the Principal Product Managers, who are responsible for the Product (Program) Backlog and for building strong relationships with key business stakeholders.
Product and Technology
Yes, 10% of the time
Business and Technical Execution
- Develops deep understanding of customer experience, especially at a tactical and transaction level.
- Builds and maintains Agile (Scrum / Sprint) team backlog, with input from customer, Product Manager, System Architect/Engineering and other stakeholders (team backlog consists mostly of user stories, it also includes defects and enablers.)
- Collaborates with Agile team and stakeholders to write features, user stories, and requirements that include acceptance criteria and acceptance tests
- Reviews and prioritizes Agile Team backlog for Iteration (Sprint) Planning, including coordination of dependencies with other Product Owners.
- Collaborates with System and Solution Architect/Engineering to assist with decision-making and sequencing of the technical infrastructures that will host the new business functionality.
- Works with principal product managers and technical product managers for user story details. Highly available to technical team during iteration (sprint) in order to answer real time questions and provide clarity to user stories.
- Manages and maintains efficient flow of just-in-time story elaboration activities (user story refinement) throughout team execution, typicially maintaining 2 iterations (sprints) worth user stories available and ready in team backlog.
- Participates in team demo with primary responsibility of reviewing and accepting completed user stories. This includes validation that stories meet acceptance criteria and meets team's Definition of Done (DoD).
- Participates in Iteration Retrospective, where teams gather to improve their processes.
- Plays an instrumental role in producing the Feature and Capability-level demo for program stakeholders ensuring representation of user stories within PO's scope.
- Coordinates user story, functional, and technical dependencies with other Product Owners throughout each iteration and Program Increment.
- Works across Agile teams to define and implement improvement stories that will increase velocity and quality of the program.
- Accountable and responsible for user story quality and performance in production environment.
- Develops positive working relationships with business stakeholders and product team members.
- Collaborates and develops positive working relationships with technical and non-technical teams, including EDS, accounting, security, privacy, and compliance teams. Works with outside partners and other third parties.
- Develops professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviews professional publications; establishes personal networks; participates in professional societies.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit
We are committed to maintaining your trust by respecting and protecting your privacy. For more information about how T-Mobile processes the personal data of job applicants, please visit .
- 4+ years of relevant Product Management, Product Owner, Business Analyst, and System Analyst or Architecture/Software Engineer experience in an agile software product development environment.
- 3 years of experience in delivering software with Agile Scrum methodologies and ceremonies
- Experience with Supply Chain, Retail, and Inventory Management
- 3-5 years of experience with Jira Align and Jira
- SAFE, CSCM, and/or CSPO certification
- Strong requirements elicitation, and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences
- Experience with successive elaboration and ability to develop Initiatives, Features and User Stories that the DevOps teams can ingest
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with Leadership, technical and non-technical audiences while employing a high degree of collaboration and influence.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to identify/analyze/synthesize product use data.
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Bachelors Degree. Computer Science or technical degree
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 43 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- High School Diploma or GED