You are responsible for:
- The position of Industrial Engineer provides operational sustaining support and optimization associated with material and information flow within the Latham manufacturing operation.
- Using a holistic knowledge of applied manufacturing processes, provides end-to-end solutions in support of business Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost objectives.
- A solid understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERP) is required to connect operational best practices in harmony with business control systems and regulatory compliance requirements.
- This position reports to the Sr Mgr, Operations Engineering, but will receive matrix guidance from Area Manufacturing Managers, Master Black Belts, Finance, Change Management Engineering and Systems Analysts.
- The ability to convert Lean initiatives in to measureable results, while developing the strengths and engagement of shop floor personnel shall also be a measure of success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (industrial or similar) and 5 plus years of successful and progressive experience, or 10 plus years of progressive and demonstrated expertise in the abovementioned areas of application, preferably in a Lean environment.
- Broad manufacturing process knowledge
- Development and application of standard work and process documentation
- Business information systems - SAP ERP & MRP
- Ability to master Philips MES & PIL.
- Barcoding and barcoding integration
- Bill of Material Structure and product routing structures
- Inventory management and distribution systems (Kanban)
- Applicable software expertise Exceptional interpersonal skills and an effective communicator.
- Possesses a strong working knowledge of Lean, including the underlying theories and concepts of modern manufacturing, based on Toyota Production Systems, and other global best practices.
- Working knowledge of production, quality and product engineering.
- Broad understanding of business systems, organizational culture and behaviors.
- Working knowledge of environmental, health, safety and quality regulations.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the on our career website, where you can read stories from our . Once there, you can also learn about our , or find answers to some of the .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)