Job Summary: Shuttle Drivers carry associates as well as Employees to their respective destinations maintaining proper etiquette and driving expertise. Under the direct supervision of the Lot Supervisor and Assistant Manager, this position will perform according to established procedures as described for Shuttle Drivers. Expected duties are to maintain a high quality of service that meets and exceeds the company’s code of conduct.
Essential Duties and Responsiblities:
Include but are not limited to:
- Maintain your assigned bus or van in a clean and neat manner.
- Follow appropriate protocol for traffic rules.
- Maintain proper speed in lot areas.
- Maintain responsibility for attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain responsibility to keep a neat and professional personal appearance adhering to the departmental and hospital dress policy.
- Assist in enhancing productivity and efficient operations of the department.
- Promote effective interpersonal and interdisciplinary relationships, maintaining professional conduct at all times.
- Demonstrate commitment to professional growth and competence by adherence to departmental and company annual training commitments.
All drivers must carry proper identification documentation to drive the shuttle at all times.
- Inspect vehicle at the beginning of each shift
- Maintain rider log efficiently
- Inspect vehicle at the end of each shift
- Report incidents or citations to Shift Supervisor immediately
- Submit documents to Supervisor at the end of each shift
- Must document vehicle issues, route details, fuel intakes and maintenance in respective logs
- Must have expertise in handling the vehicles and should be able to do minor repairs and maintenance activities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All drivers must carry a valid Drivers License.
Education and Experience: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. A High School Diploma or GED is recommended but not required.
- Must be fluent in verbal English
- Other languages are a plus=
Reasoning Ability: Position utilizes common sense with common courtesy.
Licenses: A state issued Driver’s License must be carried at all times.
Physcial Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job requires very good health and stamina. Duties require standing, walking, and occasionally lift/assisting (10 to 100 lbs if assisting a guest). Good vision is also required (with or without eye wear) - to be observant of surrounding activities at all times.
Work Environment: Assignment areas are generally outside, or near entries for driveways/ramps. Environmental conditions may include but are not limited to: slippery surfaces from rain, exposure to direct sunlight, seasonal cold, and auto exhaust to name a few. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.