While preference is given to applicants local to Charlotte, NC, this position is open to remote employment.
We're looking for people who are:
- Good humans with a positive attitude
- Bright, inquisitive and good at getting things done
- Great at listening to other people
- Able to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
- Love making our customers happy
- Ready to work hard, learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Eager to be part of a great team on an exciting ride in the heart of South Charlotte
- Honest, fun to be around and cool to work with while getting the job done
We make and sell both Payzer, the all-in-one financial tool that helps contractors grow their business, and Payzerware, the all-in-one management tool that helps contractors run their business.
Our products deliver:
- Inbound call management and CRM
- Technician scheduling and dispatch
- Appointments and reminders
- Sales proposals, invoices and maintenance agreements
- Easy to use online and mobile payment solutions
- Instant loan decisions that help grow average order size
- Effective promotional offers that help close business
- Simple electronic cash management
- Rich financial and customer level reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of experience in a combination of software development and technical operations support
- Strong AWS cloud services understanding and experience
- Production-level experience in Terraform, Docker, ECS, ECR, and Fargate
- Experience with monolith and micro service architectures
- Linux and shell scripting
- Solid on managing both LAMP stack and java service apps
- Design, configure, and support software build/deploy pipelines (CI/CD, Git, GitLab)
- Assist with software deployment through various staged operating environments (e.g., Development, QA, Staging, Production)
- Ability to make recommendations to resolve problems by using judgment that is consistent with Payzer's culture
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects from end to end with minimal supervision
- Friendly and professional with development, product, quality assurance, and management teams.
- Bonus if experienced with compliance frameworks like PCI and SOC2
- The chance to be early at a fast growing, fully funded venture-backed startup. You won’t be just another drone at Payzer.
- You can get in on the ground floor. Learn more at
- A professional work environment that’s non-corporate.
- We have a casual dress code and while we work hard, we care about our families and are cool if you do, too.
- Medical insurance: Choice of 2 plans including a 100% employer paid plan
- Dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) plan
- FSA and HSA Accounts
- Paid time off