What You Will Do
All Lowe's associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As an Merchandising Assistant Store Manager, this means:
- Anticipating customer flow and work demand and redirecting efforts and schedules to ensure proper coverage when and where needed.
- Planning for spikes in sales and ensuring the store has the in-stock position to support the demand.
- Conducting safety walks, monitoring use of store power equipment, and coaching associates around safe work practices.
The Merchandising Assistant Store Manager collaborates with peers on the store leadership team as well as the District Manager and Area support staff to assess the needs of our customers and develop the best methods for achieving service, sales, and operational objectives. Furthermore, this individual may be asked to rotate through Specialty and Operations assignments for the purpose of cross-training and development.
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We're Looking For
- Salaried: Generally scheduled for 48 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the business.
- Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
- Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
- Bachelor's degree and 1 year of experience leading associates in a retail environment OR 3 years of experience leading associates in a retail environment.
- 3 years of experience working in a fast-paced, cross-functional work environment.
- 1 year of experience performing manager-on-duty responsibilities, including management of daily store operations and processes within and beyond assigned areas of responsibility.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 5 years of experience leading service associates in a retail or consumer service industry.
- 3 years of experience performing manager-on-duty responsibilities, including management of daily store operations and processes within and beyond assigned areas of responsibility.
- Experience working in the home improvement retail sector.
- Broad knowledge of interior/exterior product categories (e.g., flooring, cabinets, millwork, building materials, appliances, home décor, lighting, plumbing).
- Experience working with store computer systems (including but not limited to: Project Tool, Genesis, M2O, Thin Client, etc.).
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Employment Type I
Line of Business
LWS_USA_Market - 1255
Employment Type II
Stores - Day Shift (United States of America)