We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job.
If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.
The Senior Manager of Editorial Strategy & Content is responsible for leading a team of copywriters in the development of content and creative solutions that effectively express the firm’s strategic messages to internal audiences through digital channels such as the intranet and associate touch points such as Town Halls and leader meetings. This role is charged with connecting the dots – staying abreast of key industry trends that connect to enterprise and each business unit’s strategic objectives and translating them into clear editorial strategies and stories that provide consistent messaging throughout the enterprise, and leading editorial initiatives that tie associates’ work to strategic objectives. This Leader will influence the editorial direction, ensuring that the copy and content product is well researched, effective, and consistent with business goals and brand standards. Oversight includes solutions executed in the following Corporate Communications channels: The Exchange (the company intranet including News Center, Leader Perspectives, Promo Boxes and Alerts), leadership meetings, town hall decks, internal global enterprise communications, and more. In addition, this Leader should support collaboration and integration of internal messaging with external messaging and ensure that enterprise messages are inclusive and reflective of the company's associate base and geographic footprint.
Are you interested in learning more about this opportunity? If so, we encourage you to apply!
Establishes Direction: Leads the idea generation for multi-channel, high impact enterprise communication initiatives. Provides creative strategy direction and feedback, influences the creative, content, and copy development for Corporate Communications channels. Collaborates with business unit leaders, corporate PR associates, and corporate/internal communications partners to brainstorm ideas, determine appropriate messaging and alignment of content with the overall strategic objectives.
Managing Editor oversight: Provides leadership and management of Exchange content to ensure that messaging and content is aligned to strategic objectives. Evaluates and influences the editorial content of Corporate Communications channels for accuracy and effectiveness.
Building and coaching team: Assesses and builds team using internal and external resources to align with business needs. Responsible for the identification and management of internal and external talent in support of editorial strategy. Provides staff performance feedback and makes compensation recommendations for associates on the editorial team
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience AND 8+ years of total relevant work experience
- 7+ years of experience with editorial writing, editing and copy direction and a solid portfolio of copy work.
- Outstanding writing, storytelling, and editing skills
- Prior management experience and strong leadership skills – able to manage and motivate a team of creative people
- Ability to delegate work with enough direction
- Project management experience preferred, specifically the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, critical for presentation of ideas to internal clients
- Ability to listen to complex ideas and distill them into easy to understand concepts and story lines
- Background in financial services communications, and specifically in asset management communications
- Experience with data analytics/metrics
- Excellent Relationship Management skills
Job Family: Editorials
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.
T. Rowe Price