Product Knowledge: MX, EX
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Location: Raleigh, NC
Reporting to the Manager of Advanced Services, Americas, this is a highly technical role, providing post-sales on-site support of Juniper Networks Products. The Resident Engineer will be required to develop and maintain an expertise on the products and solutions deployed within the Customer’s network.
- Full-time with both on-site and remote Network Operations Center engineering and sustainment support. On-site customer location in the Raleigh NC area.
- Operations and maintenance of a large service provider network.
- Support technology briefings and training sessions.
- Juniper products to be supported: MX, EX initially with potential growth and addition of SDN solutions in the future.
- Experience with Juniper solutions required, MX & EX, WAN experience and Juniper certifications a plus.
- Experience working on, building, and troubleshooting large-scale enterprise and service provider networks
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting global backbone networks
- Understanding of overlay and underlay networking concepts
- Experience with routing and switching technologies commonly implemented in service provider networks including OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, RSVP, LDP, L2VPN, L3VPN, MPLS Traffic Engineering, Routing Policies, and various tunneling technologies (GRE, VXLAN, etc.).
- Automation and DevOps experience
- Access methods: XML and REST APIs, NETCONF, REST, gRPC
- Python Tools: RPCs, REST, PyEZ, ncclient
- Ansible: Playbooks and Jinja2 templates
- Automation Scripts: Commit, OP, and Event scripts, Python and SLAX
- Juniper and/or other vendor certifications
- Motivation, a self-starter that can take direction but also identify and engage in areas to improve network design and operation
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize work activity to achieve customer and account team goals
- Ability to effectively work under pressure with customer engineers and JTAC to resolve hardware and software issues and implement solutions
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot equipment and network problems & to open/track JTAC cases through to problem resolution
- Ability to effectively communicate case status updates and deliver root cause analysis
- The ability to see a need and insert/suggest Juniper technology or reach to the Juniper account team and suggest solutions/enhancements for the network
Juniper Networks, Inc. is the leader in high-performance networking. We offer ample growth, training, and leadership opportunities for candidates with a passion for Networking and the Internet. We are constantly seeking talented technical professionals with all levels of networking and network security skills who are interested in a career working with customers both nationally and internationally. Our employees are in a unique position to expand their interests, realize their full potential, and build a reputation with a recognized industry leader.