Job ID(Requisition ID):
*$1000 Sign-on Bonus for Eligible Candidates! Precision Technologies, a division of Benchmark Electronics, has an extensive capability in mechanical manufacturing. Our customers are leading Original Equipment Manufacturers who require exacting precision mechanical production capabilities. Our product lines include Healthcare and Scientific Instrumentation, Our Capabilities Include:
- Precision CNC 3, 4, and-Axis Grinding
- Close Tolerance (Micron level) Instrumentation Grinding
- Functional testing
- Medium to Large Coordinate Measuring Capabilities Precision Technologies, the MECHANICAL MANUFACTURING division of Benchmark Electronics, is looking for a career-minded CNC MACHINIST II for our Concord, CA location. Do you want to be a proven team player in a machining shop environment? Do you have a passion for CNC Machining? Are you looking to jump-start your career with a fast-growing multi-billion dollar company with a global presence? Then you may have what we're looking for!
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Understands manufacturing systems and tooling development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as, presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective multitask skills and ability to take on additional responsibilities as required.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrates high attention to detail.
- Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism when representing the company.
- Supports a 24/7 global business operation as required.
- Able to work overtime when needed.
- Works with diverse groups.
- Participates in a continuous improvement activity.
- Sets up and operate lathes, millers, shapers, grinders, planers and power drills. Works from blueprints, sketches and verbal instructions.
- Performs highly diversified machining operations such as boring, turning, facing, reaming, grinding, milling and tapering.
- Performs work on machined parts, forgings and casting which are of varying degrees of complexity in mature and critically dimensioned.
- Determines and maintains the proper operational sequences at all times, makes all necessary mathematical calculations to complete the job.
- Determines the appropriate feeds and speeds for all operations.
- Performs simple welding, brazing, silver soldering and heat treating.
- Checks own work. Usually works to tolerance of +/-.00005.
- Reads and interprets complex blueprints and manufactures parts from a layout drawing without use of sketches or verbal instructions making all necessary mathematical calculations to complete the job according to the drawing.
- Bench work includes any necessary operations such as filing, de-burring, grinding, lapping, indexing, scraping, and fitting in order to complete mechanical assemblies from crude sketches, verbal instructions, or work samples.
- Checks own work by making set-ups and interprets gauges, electro-limit gauges, and size blocks.
- Occasionally makes decisions as to fits and tolerances. What would really impress us:
- 2- year technical degree (or apprenticeship certificate)
- 5 years CNC machining experience
- Great communication and a service-driven attitude
- Experience as a Prototype Machinist is a plus
- Experience with CNC Lathe Machines is desirable What we need from you:
- High-school diploma
- 0-3 years' experience setting up and operating multi-axis CNC machines
Concord, CA, USA
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.