The Associate Buyer will focus on the purchase of materials, equipment and supplies at the lowest possible cost while meeting all quality, delivery, and specification requirements necessary. The Associate Buyer will provide a variety of general clerical duties for the purchasing department which includes processing purchase orders and obtaining acknowledgements from suppliers. The secondary functions of the Assistant Buyer include but are not limited to administrative assistance, back-up to shipping and receiving, basic bookkeeping tasks. This position reports to the General Manager and is located in our Garner, NC office.
- Review all purchase requirements in the “Syteline workbench” daily.
- Purchase prescribed routine raw materials, semi-finished goods, finished parts, supplies and/or equipment ensuring that all quality, delivery, and specification requirements are met at the lowest possible cost.
- Process the approved purchase requisitions.
- Gather quotes from various vendors/suppliers on requested parts, equipment and/or supplies.
- Negotiate prices on a limited basis.
- Maintain and update active purchase orders.
- Expedite purchase orders when necessary at the direction of management.
- Organize certain supplier performance data as prescribed by management.
- Prepare correspondence, as needed, from detailed instructions.
- Provide administrative assistance as needed such as scheduling meetings, answering phones, general clerical work, monitoring inventory and ordering office supplies.
- Greet all visitors courteously, determine their needs, and direct them to the proper person and/or office.
- Operate the company switchboard to relay incoming calls to appropriate employees.
- Back-up to shipping and receiving functions for parts.
- Perform basic bookkeeping data entry.
- Perform additional duties and assignments as directed by management.
- Minimum three years purchasing experience, preferably in a manufacturing or machine shop environment.
- High School diploma or GED – 2 year technical or administrative degree preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent organization and accuracy skills and able to work well under deadline situations
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office suite (Word and Excel)
- Courteous, efficient telephone manner, prompt routing of calls
- Ability to problem solve and offer ideas for process improvements.
- Mathematical ability required; must be able to figure percentages, and keep all aspects of projects in balance
- Excellent written and oral communication; including spelling and grammar as well as excellent interpersonal skills. This individual will interact with the Project Manager, engineering, support contractors, and the customer/end-use facility operators.
- Must be detail oriented with accuracy and strong analytical abilities.
- Regular attendance and daily punctuality are necessary for performing the job.
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program.
There is no waiting period for benefits – you are eligible on your first day of employment. Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach utilizes E-Verify to validate employment eligibility of new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.
Education : High School