STARTING SALARY RANGE: $ 15.11 to $ 19.30
Regular Full-Time, Non-Exempt (School Year)
Community Action Ventures Cleaning
Responsible for education services within our Child Services Section. Incumbent oversees daily classroom operations utilizing selected curriculum for school readiness.
skills & education requirements
Bachelor’s degree preferred in early childhood education or related field; minimum associates degree, willing to pursue a bachelor’s degree.
Individual must be able to satisfactorily perform duties and;
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing; Spanish speaking ability a plus;
- Write reports and business correspondence; have the ability to effectively present information;
- Cooperate successfully as a member of a team;
- Possess good organizational skills, with sensitivity to details; and
- Proficiency with computer operations, and possess skills preferably with MS Office.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a personal vehicle with required liability insurance for use in business related travel.
- Must be able to work at various sites under different supervisors.
- Must insure efficient operations and present a professional image in conduct, attitude and attire.
- Must be philosophically compatible with the mission of PACE and become familiar with the agency’s strategic plan goals.
- Free from Child Abuse and Neglect
- Annual TB test
- National Fingerprint check every three years
- Pre-employment drug test & physical examination certification
- Physical examination recertification every four years
- Advocate for early childhood education through ensuring quality services to children, families and the community - be a liaison for the company and program within the community.
- Plan daily classroom and playground schedules, routines, and transition activities.
- Ensure sufficient and proper supervision of all children at the site at all times.
- Plan and implement appropriate curriculum experiences that allow children to explore, experiment question, observe and play.
- Implement individualized instruction.
- Work closely with management staff to provide for the needs of children in compliance with Head Start Performance Standards.
- Utilize, monitor, and maintain program databases to accurately track child and family information.
- Conduct screening and ongoing assessment of young children’s development.
- Plan and conduct home visits and Parent/Teacher Conferences.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and approaches to positive guidance and discipline.
- Encourage parent and community volunteerism and participate in other activities to generate in-kind.
- Provide on-going communication and information sharing with staff and parents.
- Respond competently to the diverse cultures, traditions, lifestyles, languages and values of each family.
- Submit timely, neat and accurate reports with appropriate data.
- Attend all assigned training and meetings.
- Comply with company, state and federal regulations.
Requires sitting, standing, stooping, bending and reaching with manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, copy machines, telephone and other office equipment. May require moving or lifting up to 50 pounds. Must physically be able to intervene in the event of an emergency. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Must be able to handle diverse work problems on a daily basis. Requires ability to set priorities and work schedule, yet adjust to changes necessitated by last minute assignments and deadline requests that may prove stressful. Consistent pleasant attitude is necessary with personal maturity as an important attribute. Must relate and interact with people at all levels of the company and in a culturally diverse environment.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so assigned.
Our company reserves the right to modify job duties at any time. This document is not an employee contract.
I may be required to undergo a drug screen, and I hereby authorize any medical professional to furnish information on me as necessary in conjunction with that screening and related considerations.
Powered by JazzHR