On a yearly basis millions of lives are touched by the information our solutions provide and that’s a fact, we take very seriously; the more critical the setting, the greater the requirements are and that’s why we’ve made it our vision to improve global healthcare with reliable, fast and easy patient diagnoses.
Want to know more about our mission and vision? Click on the link: Link of YouTube video
At Radiometer, we acknowledge that the information our products provide is often the difference between life and death; an acknowledgement that drives and unites us as a company. From biotech and software specialists to financial controllers and engineers, all 3200 colleagues are committed and dedicated to help realize life’s potential.
If you aspire to be part of a purpose, performance and values driven organization whose mission and vision guide every action, we are eager to hear from you.
Radiometer offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives.
Radiometer is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our winning team and Follow us on LinkedIn!
GENERAL SUMMARY & OVERALL CHALLENGES
The Field Service Engineer installs, repairs, maintains, calibrates and cleans instruments. The FSE troubleshoots and diagnoses product problems, creates and maintains positive internal and external relationships with a mentality of continuous improvement
The FSE is an external representative of Radiometer and must convey a sense of expertise in Radiometer products, services and capabilities and serve as a key educator to our customer business accounts.
- Install, repair, calibrate, clean and test instruments.
- Follows logical troubleshooting procedures and diagnoses problems in a timely matter.
- Build and maintain positive customer relationships
- Conduct professional behavior with team and customers.
- Follows expense guidelines and Danaher compliance policies
- Develops positive partnerships with Sales personnel to aid in anticipating potential customer issues and uncover additional selling opportunities in accounts.
- Reviews solutions with customers; discusses needs and ensures a safe operation situation.
- Maintains field parts inventory, testing devices and tools. Maintain clean and safe working environment at the customer site and in the company vehicle.
- Compliance with all regulatory and company required documentation and service work orders.
- Performs on-call duties to cover weekends and overnights
- Ability to cover other regions in vital situations
- Markets and sells service to Radiometer customers
- Attend and participate in Sales Presentations within own region
a) Position Specific Competencies / Experience
- One year FSE or related experience – prefer medical field
- Preferred experience with Acquire installation and troubleshooting
- Proficient with analyzer network/connectivity setup and support directly to Laboratory Information System/Health Care Information systems.
- Hold a valid driver license with a good driving record over last three years required
- AS – Technical Associates Degree or Electronic Technology Diploma and/or Military experience
- Primary language English
- CompTIA A+ certification preferred
- Basic Networking or IT system upgrades / troubleshooting experience
- Up to 50% travel overnight
- Effective in making appropriate service decisions within given time frames
- On Call required at certain times
- Ability to lift or maneuver 40 lbs.
- Must be self-motivating with a positive outlook and focused on quality work. Plan day in an organized manner and pays attention to details and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effectively handles unexpected situations.
- Ability to collect information, identify and diagnose problems.
- Ability to work independently
- Must be comfortable collaborating with upper management and internal departments.
- Comfortable to accurately raise concerns to a senior service level
- Able to collaborate with customers in problem solving instrumentation problems.
- Able to communicate to customers resolutions of problems
This position provides the opportunity to develop personal and professional skills dealing with customer satisfaction and instrument repairs.
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 202-419-7762 or e-mail email@example.com to request accommodation.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available .