Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist (HM) is looking for passionate data scientist to join the Center for Cardiovascular Computational Health (C3H) to lead and develop informatics initiatives that transform healthcare via data science and informatics. The mission of C3H at Houston Methodist is to establish nation's premier academic program leading data-driven advances in cardiovascular precision medicine, accelerate discovery, and improve patient and population health by harnessing power of innovative computation paradigms, big data, and artificial machine intelligence with goals for supporting research initiatives of established clinical divisions at HM Debakey and Vascular Center and rapid knowledge generation for clinical cardiology enterprise
The Data Scientist will have a proven track record of being able to interpret strategic initiatives and challenges, create and implement big data management strategies, and perform complex analysis on evolving data sets. The individual will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of ETL solutions for real-time healthcare data, which may include advanced data management approaches such as stream processing, feature engineering, and anomaly detection. The data scientist should leverage the information in HM enterprise data warehouses and the Epic® electronic medical record, aggregate national representative datasets under the guidance of direction of the Director of Center for Cardiovascular Computational Health (C3H). Responsibilities may include application development, implementing advanced data processing applications to identify potentially anomalous data, implementing algorithms for feature engineering related to medical imaging, patient monitoring, and laboratory testing. The person also build new tools to automate workflows and work with researchers and IT personnel to implement advanced analytic algorithms within production healthcare IT systems.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PEOPLE (15%) * Manages client relationships as assigned, by leading the delivery of innovative strategies and solutions for our clients (EF).
- Presents project progresses and results to the stakeholders.
- Reports to the Head of Informatics Development Department of HMH IT.
- Manages the continuous improvement of clinical and operational data and analytics.
- Documents the project requirements and results on a timely basis.
- Drives the execution of multiple analytical plans and projects.
- Identify data elements within the clinical/health databases for analytics and decision supports.
- Translates the findings into implementable informatics solutions with the clinicians, hospital administration, and other stakeholders.
Master's Degree in Computer Science, Clinical Informatics, Public Health Administration, Business Administration, or Engineering, or an MD with experience in Computing, Informatics, and Statistics.
At least 4 years of experience in data analytics and/or database management in a healthcare organization.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Experience with clinical settings and healthcare administration.
- Experience with statistical, database and algorithm modeling preferred.
- Experience implementing and managing Health IT software prototyping and applications.
- Experience in process mapping and analytics.
- Experience on decision support methodology and advanced analytics.
- Experience of clinical/health data integration in a health care IT environment.
- Great communications skills, both verbal and written a must - especially as it pertains to communicating complicated technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven interaction skills with clinicians and hospital administrators.
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Activity Checklist attached (see below)
Normal office environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Research Institute was formed in 2004 to rapidly and efficiently translate discoveries made in the laboratory and the clinic into new diagnostics, therapies and treatments. The research institute was created to provide the infrastructure and support for these endeavors, and to house the technology and resources needed to make innovative breakthroughs in important areas of human disease. A 540,000 square foot building dedicated to research, the research institute houses over 1,500 staff and trainees, 277 principal investigators and has more than 840 ongoing clinical trials.