External Description: The successful candidate will work with a dynamic group of people in the Manufacturing Software Development Team. Members of this group are responsible for the software that verifies the hardware functionality of a variety of electronic devices with code running both in the device and on test stations. The group is involved with all of the latest devices being built, starting from the initial prototypes all the way to the mass production manufacturing. The team works in close collaboration with hardware teams and various device software teams and the factory manufacturing specialists.
- Review and develop understanding of requirements for manufacturing tests.
- Investigation of software solutions for hardware design validation in cooperation with hardware and software team members.
- Design, develop and test of software for manufacturing to meet requirements.
- Hardware/software debugging in cooperation with hardware designers.
- Technical debugging, troubleshooting, and log analysis to determine causes for software failures during manufacturing runs.
- Bug fixing and configuration changes to resolve problems identified from analysis.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent at a sophomore or higher College or University level
- Experience in multi-threaded programming in C++ or C#
- Familiar with object-oriented design principals and patterns
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with time critical projects
- Motivated to work in a quality oriented innovative environment
- Clear understanding of time critical software
- Proven embedded software development skills
- Product support and software debugging experience
- Hardware debugging
- Wireless technologies (GSM, LTE, GPS, NFC, Bluetooth, and WLAN)
- Real-time OS development
- Debugging on multi-processor hardware architecture
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Job Number: 37826BR
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Software Developer-Supplemental
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sunrise, Florida US