Why work for *Altrus and with our DD Community Living Arrangements residents? Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our work is more important than ever and we are still hiring. Rest assured, we are taking necessary precautions to keep our clients and highly-valued staff safe with PPE and cleaning supplies. We encourage you to apply today!
We are currently offering a hiring incentive of $150 – please ask for more details at your interview.
We are in a need of an experienced group home manager for one of our CLA homes in Thomaston, Georgia. The Home Manager is responsible for managing one or more group homes for individuals with developmental disabilities, or Community Living Arrangements (CLA). The Home Manager will provide leadership and management to support the administrative, operational and individualized service outcomes expected for their group home.
The Home Manager also acts as direct support at times, assisting with activities of daily living, observing and monitoring behavior, and charting observations, incidents and other pertinent information. They will direct and assist with meal preparation, provide transportation and provide assistance with medications. The Home Manager is responsible for ensuring that schedules are filled with qualified employees.
This position requires a flexible schedule with availability for ALL shifts. There are times when the Home Manager will have to cover for employees who are unavailable to work assigned shifts.
Altrus/Help At Home strives to be an employer of choice in your community and our caregivers and employees are the foundation of our work. Eligible staff have the opportunity to enroll in a wide variety of benefit programs, along with lucrative bonuses in certain areas.
We offer a variety of in-depth training opportunities in order to provide our staff with the tools to be successful. We also offer strong career path possibilities for those caregivers who are committed to growing within the organization.
Person Centered Planning and Individual Support Planning
- Actively participate in the person-centered planning process, including development and implementation of Person Centered Plans (PCPs) and the Individual Support Plan (ISPs)
- Assist with designing and implementing support and teaching strategies targeted at assisting consumers with reaching their outcomes, as outlined in the ISP
- Support with supervision and training of DSPs regarding the implementation of the PCP, ISP and teaching strategies
- Review all forms, notify Case Manager of any incidents and provide oversight for the follow-up plan with staff
- Maintain communication with family members, guardians, staff and Case Managers on a regular basis, particularly regarding policies, issues, and concerns
- Coordinate in-service training needed to assist staff in fulfilling responsibilities related to consumer directed support
- Provide direct support in providing services needed to protect the health and safety of the consumer, especially in a staffing crisis
- Coordinate and assist the staff with maintaining positive relationships
- Perform on-site evaluations for all field staff
- Consumer Record Related maintenance and compliance
- Securing community resources for clients and coordination of benefits including Medicaid, Medicare, SSI, SSA, and Food Stamps
- Assist the Director with teaching the training classes and with on-site investigations, as requested, for worker injury and client complaints
- Assist the Director with other duties, as assigned and with approval
- At least 1 year of experience in a supervisory role in an assisted living facility or group home working with individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities
- Current driver's license
- Current CPI certification
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Current TB screening
- Fingerprints and acceptable motor vehicle report
- Must have availability to work day, evening, night, weekend and PRN shifts
- Must have availability to be on call at all times
*Altrus LLC is a Help At Home Company. Help At Home's mission is to be the leading national provider of high quality, person-centered care and support to the elderly and people with disabilities in their homes and community-based settings. The core of these services are highly trained, compassionate and dependable caregivers supported by our local teams with the resources and expertise to deliver unsurpassed care. Our goal is to enable the highest level of personal independence and meaningful lives for our clients.