Join the Abacus family of more than 25,000 employees assigned to top-rated clients, nationally. We offer meaningful employment, competitive pay rates, benefits and real potential for growth.
By applying with Abacus, you gain access to opportunities across all divisions which include:
- Abacus Staffing
- Abacus Security Services
- Abacus Janitorial Services
- Abacus Solutions Group – Our professional placement division
Employment opportunities include a wide range of placement options: project-based, temporary to permanent hire, part-time, contract-basis, direct hire and on-demand placement.
We seek individuals that are flexible, possess relevant experience and a consistent work history. Abacus takes an individualized approach to hiring and placement where applicants will work directly with one of our staffing specialists to move through our apply, assessment and placement process. The Abacus team is available 24/7 to provide support and assistance.
Qualified applicants will have visibility and access to Abacus clients, across industries as we determine the “best fit” placement that meets your professional and personal goals. Once hired with Abacus, our workforce may move between assignments, clients and placement opportunities in expanding markets as we continue grow our service footprint, nationally.
Our goal is to attract, employ and retain a quality workforce that meets and exceeds our diverse client’s expectations. We strive to be recognized as an “Employer of Choice” as we adhere to the fundamentals that have made our company strong:
- Value People
- Delight Customer
- Embrace Change
- Do Things Right
- Do the Right Thing
- Passion for Winning!
LOCATION: Virginia Beach
SCHEDULE: M-F 8AM to 5PM
- Perform administrative/clerical duties for Human Resources Manager and the Employee Relations and Training Section Department
- Provide administrative oversight for the Department’s FMLA program, including processing requests for FMLA leave, sending communications to employees and supervisors, responding to inquiries from supervisors and employees, and oversee the department’s Mailbox
- Process Public Health Emergency (PHE) Leave Requests
- Collaborate with Occupational Health regarding return-to-work status updates, ADA, and FMLA, and disseminate reports to supervisors
- Retain ADA Plans
- Serve as back-up for preparation and facilitation of Department orientation.
- Coordinate responses to FOIA requests with department personnel, Administrative Analyst and/or Administrative Specialist for approval prior to dissemination
- Maintain FOIA response log and centralize information disseminated
- Provide administrative support for Department ER training
- Ensure accurate data entry and tracking of information in Excel spreadsheets (e.g. absence management, training offerings), other electronic files, and paper files, to include preparing narrative and statistical data into analytical report.
- Create, update, and maintain personnel files, specifically as it relates to Employee Relations
- Create and maintain Employee Relations files
- Provide administrative assistance to the Administrative Analyst and Administrative Specialist IIs with the disciplinary process, performance management process, and fact-finding/investigation processes
- Organize training systems, procedural manuals, and supporting documentation for training programs and systems in accordance with organizational/Departmental procedures
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Combination of education and experience equivalent to 2 years with the focus in Human Resources, Business or Public Administration, or similar.
- Experience with FOIA, FMLA, ADA and RTW
- Bachelor’s degree, experience in Human Resources, Personnel Management or Employee Relations, preferably in a Human Services setting is highly desirable.