Location: Sterling Heights Complex (LSHC)
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: High School Diploma
Relocation Provided: No
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Department: Prototype Shop - L9643 (Direct)
- Remove, disassemble, repair, modify, assemble, adapt, adjust and reinstall vehicle components/systems including engines, transmissions, suspension, electrical, automotive, structures, fire control and test equipment.
- Perform/support highly skilled mechanical and testing functions with limited supervision.
- Layout, weld, bend and otherwise fabricate and prototype steel and aluminum parts, test fixtures, and tools from engineering drawings, blueprints or sketches.
- Fabricate electrical harnesses, test panels and finished electrical boxes for prototype and production vehicles.
- Recommend drawing/sketch changes during the fabrication, assembly and installation process.
- Ability to use hand, bench and machine tools and welding equipment.
- Ability to work overtime is required.
- Ability to work 2nd or 3 rd shift as needed.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally is required occasional/extended).
- Must meet ASR requirements.
- Must meet physical qualifications to perform duties.
- Must have valid Michigan Driver's License.
- Must be able to obtain Abrams and Stryker drivers licenses.
- Must be willing and able to work in a team based environment.
- Must have working knowledge of Sheet Metal or Fabrication Skills.
- Must be able to read/interpret prints, blue prints and schematics.
- Ability to use a variety of tools and equipment.
- Working knowledge of Electrical Harness Fabrication Skills preferred.
- Weld certifications preferred.
- Must be able to obtain crane, forklift and powered industrial vehicle and other necessary safety training and licenses.