ENTERPRISE BANK, a growing and successful commercial bank, your talents will be recognized, and on-the-job tools will help you grow and succeed in our results-oriented, congenial atmosphere. Join our dynamic team and experience a unique workplace culture where success is shared, and diversity is celebrated.
Our total rewards philosophy and benefits package are designed to reward you for your hard work while helping you enjoy a healthy and enriched life. We are proud to have been honored multiple times by The Boston Globe as one of the “Top Places to Work” in Massachusetts.
We are headquartered in Lowell, Massachusetts and have a growing network of bank branches in Massachusetts (Acton, Andover, Billerica, Chelmsford, Dracut, Fitchburg, Lawrence, Leominster, Lowell, Methuen, North Billerica, Tewksbury, Tyngsboro, and Westford) and Southern New Hampshire (Derry, Hudson, Nashua, Pelham, Salem and Windham). For more information about Enterprise Bank, please visit .
Enterprise Bank is currently seeking a Mortgage Underwriter who is eager to become part of a growing bank that delivers quality underwriting decisions and outstanding customer service. We are looking for an underwriter who is effective at meeting quality and production goals while working independently. As an underwriter, you will be responsible for managing and monitoring daily workflow of your files and be an expert on secondary market underwriting guidelines and internal underwriting guidelines and procedures as well as regulatory compliance requirements. This position requires sound decision making on loans regarding credit worthiness of borrowers with a heavy focus on self-employed and commercial borrowers and working closely with Mortgage Lending Officers and Operations staff. In this diverse role, you will go from coordinating expeditious decision and closing of all residential mortgage loans, to dealing with home equity lines in accordance with the Bank’s service standards. This role is accountable for maintaining the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and a strong work ethic, while ensuring files are in compliance with all state and federal compliance regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Updates file information as needed in all related databases, efolder, Automated Underwriting System (AUS), Loan Origination System (LOS) and all third party vendor software.
- Assists with the timely and efficient movement of all loans in the underwriting pipeline, ensuring that all servicing released standards and regulatory timelines and requirements are met.
- Assists with the research, creation and dissemination of guidelines and implementation tools to support the addition of new secondary market investors and or portfolio product to the Bank’s products.
- Underwrites all mortgage loans in accordance with Bank and secondary market investor guidelines, as well as state and federal guidelines for conforming, non-conforming, affordable housing, and portfolio loans. •Approves loans within prescribed lending authority level and makes recommendations to management for approval or denial for those loans outside of the limits.
- Reviews credit reports and analyzes borrower’s financial data, including complex tax returns to mitigate risk and determine ability to repay.
Enterprise Bank is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet.
Behaviors : Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Motivation : Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization