Position : Embedded Engineer
Location : San Francisco, CA
Duration : 6 to 12 months Contract
- Create test scripts and suites to ensure product specification is being met.
- Work closely with Firmware developers and Software developers as they implement features to ensure requirements are being fulfilled.
- Conduct automated (and manual tests where necessary) to ensure a high reliability and quality metrics.
- Define and drive innovative automated test strategies into the software development process.
- Create and maintain automation test fixtures and set-ups needed to run automated testing.
- Work closely with product and QA engineers to create and drive a roadmap for the QA and applications team.
- Knowledge of mobile device emerging technologies including Smartphone LTE architectures, wireless IoT- BLE/Internet connected devices and touch screen displays.
- Experience working with device drivers for serial communication protocols such as SPI/I2C/RS-232/USB etc.
- Ability to work well independently and in close collaboration with a remote team.
- Ability to travel and work in 1 week increments periodically in the NYC office as needed.
- BS or above in EE/CS or equivalent.
- 4 plus years' experience with QA/Automation/Test/Applications Engineering.
- Experience in testing Linux kernel, Android/Linux device driver as well as Android Framework layers.
- Experience building QA and Automation roadmaps.
- Strong knowledge of C and any one scripting language (python preferred).
- Experience with analyzing test data. Working knowledge of MongoDB/SQL preferred.
- Experience with deploying a Jenkins, CI/CD test environment.
Digital & Cloud Apps Integration
How to Apply:
If you are qualified for this position, please submit your resume in Word format along with a brief cover letter to APPLY NOW through this site.
Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, Cognate Inc. was established in 2005 and is a leading IT staffing and IT Consulting Company. Our focus areas includes Staffing and Consulting for Cloud Computing, Data Analytics, Big Data, Enterprise Security & Risk Management, Mobile Applications.