HumanGood is a mission-focused, values-driven non-profit leader in senior living, dedicated to helping those we serve live their best lives. We believe all adults should have the opportunity to live their lives with enthusiasm, confidence and security, regardless of their physical, social, or economic circumstances. We are one of the largest non-profit senior living providers in the nation, with 21 life plan communities and 96 affordable housing communities for seniors.
Location: Alician Senior Apartments
We are looking for a Full-Time, experienced Property Manager for Alician Senior Apartments in Upper Darby! Alician has 53, 1-bedroom, tax-credit apartments. Prefer a candidate with strong tax-credit experience.
Manages and supervises the overall operations of residential apartment building(s) with subsidized housing for elderly and/or disabled persons. Assumes compliance with all requirements of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), PA Housing Finance Agency (PHFA) and state and local government agencies. Responsibilities include management of property and facility maintenance, employees, unit rentals, certifications, fiscal services, regulatory compliance and strategic operating plan. Also directs, and may assist, resident social service contacts and delivery of services. Provides exceptional customer service.
Essential Duties * Maintains thorough, current, personal knowledge of governing HUD requirements, regulations, forms and procedures for effective facility management. Complies with Fair Housing Laws according to building type. Ensures buildings are managed in accordance with all regulatory requirements.
- Develops and implements a process for emergency response and procedures, including 24-hr on-call site supervision system.
- With approval of the supervisor, takes necessary action to promptly comply with all requirements affecting the development made by federal, state, county or municipal authorities having jurisdiction over the property.
- Supervises the work and relations of all site staff in facility administration, maintenance, social services, security, and staff development.
- Acquires general knowledge about and familiarizes self with, the facility history in order to translate its applicability to day to day business operations and HUD requirements.
- Obtains appropriate review by Regional Property Manager for decisions of employment, performance appraisal, staff development and disciplinary action.
- Manages the application and admission process, including resident recertifications and admissions. Directs all discharges, move-ins, move-outs, home visits and wait list activities.
- Manages all security, maintenance and physical property needs, including but not limited to, routine and preventative maintenance, unit refurbishing, equipment inventory, insurance inspections, and compliance with all legal and regulatory health and safety provisions. Conducts weekly inspections of grounds and building. Maintains accurate and complete records of inspections. Takes prompt and appropriate corrective action as needed.
- Processes any legal actions required to enforce lease requirements.
- Organizes, develops and manages appropriate Social Service programs, that may be administered to the Service Coordinator to include, but not limited to, resident social, educational, community supportive agencies and health programs, and compliance with all legal and regulatory health and safety provisions. Seeks capacity to bring social support services on site. Makes resident referrals to appropriate social support agencies, or counsel residents or their families for placement to other residential settings as needed.
- Develops and implements a system for the delivery of all required services to residents, including the immediate acknowledgment of complaints with prompt action to correct deficiencies.
- Ensures accuracy and is accountable for all agency and community reports. Completes vacancy and special claims reports timely.
- Maintains sound rent collection procedures, including following up on delinquent accounts. Ensures financial solvency by monitoring all costs and implementing a system for achieving 0% rent delinquency.
- Assists as assigned with routine facility fiscal management, including rent collection, budget preparation and implementation, monthly HAP/PRAC and vendor voucher preparation and approval, and the bidding for, and negotiation of, selected contracts.
- Keeps supervisor informed of building activities/issues or other relevant information.
- Meets with residents individually and in groups to review lease and house rules. Meets with resident council at their request. Provides appropriate support for activities and plans.
Experience: Minimum one year of experience in property management, preferably federally subsidized housing, coupled with a working familiarity of relevant area social service agencies.
Education/Training: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in field related to human services or management. Certificate of Occupancy Specialist preferred, although certificate can be obtained after hire.
Skills: Requires excellent skills in oral, written and interpersonal communications; also strong skills in basic accounting, budgeting and financial planning. Must be computer literate, especially in relevant software, including Excel. Must demonstrate excellent analysis, problem solving, organization and supervisory skills in the delivery of housing and social services for elderly and physically disabled residents of the facility.
For more information, please visit our website at
HumanGood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Alician, 140 Hampden Road, Upper Darby, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Presby's Inspired Life