- Properly set up and prepare the area for specialized food products.
- Fully read materials that accompany product demonstrations to understand program scope, instructions, production requirements and program compliance.
- Follow all safety requirements when using equipment (e.g. hot machinery or sharp blades). Practice proper lifting techniques when working with boxes or heavy merchandise.
- Adhere to all required tasks and procedures related to safe food handling, preparation, production, packaging, labeling, merchandising and disposal.
- Accurately complete all reporting requirements (including on-line requirements) as required.
- Regularly check the product event schedule and email for upcoming activities, corporate news updates, event changes and instructions, and supervisor requests.
- Complete certifications and attend special training sessions as required.
- Follow safety and compliance guidelines for appropriate machine operation, cleaning and maintenance.
- Maintain a clean, sterile and safe work area using proper cleaning chemicals and equipment.
- Assist other teammates with event set-up or clean-up and/or with kitchen duties when needed.
- Conduct food sampling and demonstrations in support of the needs of business. Follow general set-up and teardown guidelines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education/Experience: Previous experience in Product Marketing, Product Demonstrations or in the food, beverage or restaurant industry preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to safely and effectively prepare juice or other specialty products for purchase. Ability to conduct demonstration and sampling events of other products as needed.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Applicable state and local food safety certification or license.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the team member is regularly required to be able to:
- Ability to continuously lift a minimum of 50 lbs. several times per day.
- Ability to push a wheeled machine (with weight ranges 50-600 lbs.) to/from the sales floor.
- Preparation of foods using produce, machinery and sharp utensils.
- Standing for extended periods of time each day.
- Work varied hours throughout the day as required.
- Climbing with use of a 6’ Step Stool (when necessary).
- Visual ability to read instructions to ensure safety and food safety compliance.
- Ability to work in environments with exposure to cold, refrigerated conditions and hot equipment.
- Sit, stand, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and/or other peripherals.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Communicate information and ideas orally and in writing so others will understand.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person and interact with customers.
Work environment: Retail store environment with regular interaction with co-workers, management team members and customers. Moderate to high noise levels associated with a retail warehouse environment. Exposure to cold, refrigerated conditions, food products and cleaning chemicals.
Language Skills: English is the primary language skill; however, bilingual skills may be required based on business necessity.