They are seeking an Application Security Engineer to be a member of the Security Operations team located in Chicago, IL. The ideal candidate must have experience in all phases of the Secure Development Lifecycle. Candidates should also be able to demonstrate an ability to collaborate with internal development teams and be a security advocate. This is a 3-month Contract-to-Hire opportunity.
Specific Responsibilities Include
· Advise internal development teams on secure coding practices
· Threat modeling
· Define standards for application design requirements
· Application design reviews
· Vulnerability scans, code reviews and penetration testing
· Lead vulnerability remediation efforts
· Provide reports and metrics
Skills & Experience:
· Bachelor's degree with a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, EE or comparable discipline preferred
· Five plus years of hands on technical experience with a combination of software development and application penetration testing.
· Subject matter expert of OWASP Top 10
· Solid experience with application vulnerability scanning, code reviews and penetration testing
· Strong Knowledge of Secure Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
· Ability to advise development teams on vulnerability remediation
· Experience in a software development environment
· Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline, Azure, Octopus, Kubernetes, DevOps
· Excellent organizational skills and superior problem-solving
· Good interpersonal skills and a team player attitude
· Proven leadership skills
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately
· Ability to explain complex problems and concepts to all levels in the organization
Applicants must be authorized to work for any U.S. employer. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Staff Smart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.