Location: MUST BE ABLE TO WORK IN ALL REQUESTED OFFICE LOCATIONS.
Specialty: VARIOUS OFFICE PRACTICES
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Physician, Nurse Practitioner, and/or Nurse Midwife, the Medical Assistant performs patient care services and assists the physician and other medical staff with patient visits and procedures in a medical office or clinic setting. In addition, the MA may be required to perform front desk duties, which may include telephone work, patient scheduling and ordering of supplies. If applicable, the Medical Assistant may perform phlebotomy responsibilities as well, including the collection and processing of specimens such as blood, urine, pap smears, and cultures.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent required
- Successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program required OR active current certification as a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA / CCMA)
- Six months previous experience as a Medical Assistant preferred
- MA must maintain current CPR certification and TB certification
- Basic understanding of medical documentation and terms; ability to spell accurately; able to accurately record information
- Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively
- MA must be able to act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation
- Completes annual skill validation as well as safety and infection control procedures
- Excellent attitude, interpersonal skills, and communication abilities necessary to interact with patients, family members, physicians, and other hospital associates.
Community Healthcare System