Standard Materials Group, Inc. is a CRH company producing and providing Ready Mix and Materials transportation serving Arkansas and Oklahoma. Standard Materials Group, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
The Ready Mix Driver position is responsible for the transportation of ready mix concrete to construction projects, company owned facilities or various customers. This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of ready mix trucks. Deliveries will be made in both industrial and residential areas. Work will be performed per the supervisor’s instruction, free from direct supervision except for more complicated jobs.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Perform daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with DOT guidelines.
- Load and unload equipment of materials.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle.
- Maintain daily vehicle mileage logs.
- Properly follow all company policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch instructions.
- Assure product quality to the best of ability.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the supervisor.
- Keep vehicle clean and in orderly condition.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience driving truck with similar weight and equipment preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and must maintain a CDL A or CDL B license.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass DOT physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must possess valid DOT medical card.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as per company policy.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A and/or B Driver with possible hazmat and tanker endorsements.
- MVR must meet company and DOT standards.
- Must be able to work up to six days a week with significant overtime abiding by DOT ready mix exemption laws and regulations with no more than 70 hours or less than 55 hours per week.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights, varying work schedules, and weekends when necessary.
- Must be willing to train employees who may not have driving experience but must currently maintain a CDL A or CDL B license.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Safety Vest.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Must have thorough operational knowledge and skills of mixer truck and related equipment to be operated.
- Must have the ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records, and read blueprints or other project documents.
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a variety of working conditions.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as being able to work independently with attention to detail.
- Ability to operate heavy and complex equipment requiring skill and the exercise of independent judgment.
- Must be familiar with securing heavy equipment and other over dimensional loads.
- Ability to professionally interact with customers, collect payments and assist with issues that may arise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Job requires climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, frequent lifting of extensions chutes, stretching, sitting/driving, shifting gears, and covering/uncovering load when applicable.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to focus.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs on a repetitive basis.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Standard Materials Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this .
Date Posted: Aug 7, 2020