It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At Wabtec, we move the world. We drive high tech change across rail, mining, marine, stationary and drill markets to streamline operations, increase performance and reduce costs. The Additive Manufacturing (AM) group at Wabtec is committed to those goals through the application and advancement of AM designs and processes.
Additive Manufacturing allows for brand new ways of creating previously thought to be IMPOSSIBLE DESIGNS. Our team is committed to radically transforming the Rail Transportation and Mining industry through the application of Additive Manufacturing. Additive Industrialization Specialist: This individual will be responsible for the development of additive manufacturing processes as well as the adoption of metal AM technologies in production facilities in terms of supply chain, production chain, planning and scheduling, QA requirements, and optimization of mfg. process flow to enable production readiness. Other responsibilities include:
In the role of Additive Industrialization Specialist, you will:
- Take personal ownership for working safely and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Lead Additive lab operations including facility setup & management, build planning, financial management, outsourcing, lab development and maintenance of multiple metal 3D printers.
- Support the installation, commissioning, and operation of Additive Manufacturing equipment.
- Maintain additive machines including coordinating with suppliers to drive reliability growth curves, troubleshoot equipment failures, and schedule regular maintenance activities.
- Manage consumable inventory across multiple sites.
- Create and follow standard work and quality processes to ensure discipline and adherence to safety and quality standards.
- Drive continuous improvement for efficiency, safety, and quality.
- Organize and prioritize tasks and make appropriate decisions, working with minimal guidance in a fast-paced and ever-changing production environment.
- May include supervisory responsibilities of technicians.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or similar discipline from an accredited university.
- 5 years’ experience in manufacturing, production, and supply chain processes.
- Experience working with aluminum, stainless steel, and Inconel based materials
- Experience with manufacturing facility setup and management.
- Experience with additive manufacturing of metals using direct metal laser melting (DMLM, DMLS, LPBF) and direct metal binder jetting.
- Experience in metal powder bed additive manufacturing process technology development.
- Experience with design for additive manufacturing and 3d modelling.
Regional travel up to 50% may be required.
Location: Grove City, Greater Pittsburgh, PA
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.