The Plumbing and Fire Protection Designer II works with a team of Designers, Architects and Engineers to develop design concepts which are incorporated into a final product to the client’s specifications.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops design concepts; prepares documents during design development phase. Corrects and updates design documents. Develops solutions to design problems.
- Uses computer aided design technologies to develop sketches, drawings and construction documents. Reviews drawings and documents to assure compliance with company design and production standards.
- Attends pre-bid meetings and assists the project team in evaluating commercial proposals.
- Works with equipment suppliers/vendors to obtain the necessary information needed for design completion. Interacts with clients on a limited basis to secure scope and design intent.
- Routinely archives and retrieves data from electronic database for support of work.
- Research equipment selection from catalogs under the direction of the Project Designer/Engineer.
- Ensure acceptable levels of quality and checks for coordination of work to assure documents reflect design intent and necessary coordination.
- Coordinates design work with related engineering disciplines. Attend job and construction meetings and participate in the coordination of the work.
- Research non-routine code issues and obtain interpretations from code officials.
- Supports field installation and start-up activities.
- Provides limited contribution to performance reviews for assigned staff.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Minimum 6 years previous design experience.
- Technical or Associate Degree in plumbing or HVAC design from an accredited technical institution or college.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer for design and understand CAD operations.
- General knowledge of plumbing and fire protection systems including Sanitary and Vent Systems, Storm Systems, Process Waste Systems, Lab and Vent Systems, Domestic Water Systems, Process and Lab Gas Systems, Sprinkler Design and Wet/Dry/Pre Action Systems. Understanding and knowledge of applicable codes.
- Proven time management skills in order to juggle more than one project at time.
- Customer Service experience exhibiting strong oral and written communication skills.
Travel based on the project location.
This position is a safety sensitive position. The employee is designated for field work and attends activities at client sites where they work in construction, process, packaging, manufacturing, research or other "non-administrative" areas.
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over thirty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 1,300 professionals worldwide and offices in California, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Ireland, Singapore, Switzerland, UK and four locations in India. Visit our website at .
Process Architecture, Process Design, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls, Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a result of the referral or through other means.