Surgical Specialties Corporation (SSC) is a rapidly growing, privately held, global medical device company focused on serving our customers in the Wound Closure and Ophthalmic clinical areas.
The Senior Manager, Professional & Medical Education will be responsible for creating and managing a global, comprehensive training program for our Sales Reps and Distributor Partners, in addition to implementing educational events for Health Care Providers.
Surgical Specialties offers an expanding portfolio of surgical medical devices used by clinicians around the world. By marketing products through a world-class sales organization in the U.S. Europe, and China, and a network of distributor partners in dozens of other countries globally, we offer premium surgical devices at a better value and customer experience.
- Develop the curriculum for new hire training and continuing education – ensuring current content of product, sales techniques, and industry best practices.
- Direct, implement, and manage the sales rep training program globally, including supervising the activities of sales trainers.
- Work with Global Sales Management to identify and prioritize training needs and continuously develop training programs and tools.
- Develop assessment tools to measure the sales training program s effectiveness.
- Write and distribute sales techniques, product and procedure education bulletins. Maintain and update educational resources and teaching methods to continuously improve sales productivity.
- Identify KOLs to develop new courses/resources to drive customer engagement through education and training.
- Manage the implementation and marketing of our product education; mediums may include field visits, exhibits, mobile labs and trade shows
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to administer local, regional and national product training programs as needed. This includes budget, attendee management, post-course communication, material and promotional development as well as onsite management of events
- Create innovative, virtual / remote programs to train our sales reps, distribution partners, and clinician customers.
- Work independently yet collaboratively within a cross-functional, cross-divisional team-oriented environment
- Bachelor s degree required
- 10+ years relevant experience required in sales and marketing, medical devices industry strongly preferred
- Excellent presentation skills ; very strong written and oral communications
- Excellent project management and organization skills and ability to cope with tight deadlines and shifting objectives.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, Salesforce.com
- Domestic and international travel requirement is approximately 20 %
- Strong attention to detail, ability to present marketing plans and engage in conversations, receive feedback and implement plans with great speed and efficiency
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial approach where resources and plans requires prioritization and regular updating to keep content fresh and engaging
SSC Value and Leadership Traits
- Passionate Customer Focus
- Puts the needs of our Customers (internal and external) first. Responsive to inquiries and priorities and seeks to creatively solve problems. Ensures that Customers are highly satisfied with both our product and our service.
- Relentless Commitment to Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality & compliance in all interactions. Ensures we deliver High Quality Products based on a robust Quality System. Strives to be a leader in Global Compliance which is critical to the Customers and Patients we serve. Takes initiative to assess and improve our practices and processes to drive world class quality and compliance.
- Intensely Collaborative Organization Acting with Integrity
- Proactively seeks out other Individuals and Functions to collaborate and achieve the best results for our customers, employees and shareholders. Always Interacts with Respect and Openness. Maintains High Integrity and interacts in a Humble and Unselfish manner resulting in a high level of trust with colleagues and customers.
- Determined Drive for Results
- Moves with speed and agility to achieve goals while proactively addressing obstacles. Demonstrates a strong work ethic focused on meeting goals and commitments.
- Takes initiative and seeks creative solutions to problems and opportunities. Is resilient in finding alternative approaches and solution