Graduate of an accredited 2 or 4 year Radiology program and hold an active CRT or ARRT MR or CT license. Must hold current state of California permit to practice in Radiology where applicable.
Two years of basic radiology experience.
Two years of MRI and/or CT experience.
High School graduate or equivalent
Current BLS Certification
- Performs ordered examinations of appropriate anatomical regions in accordance with accepted standards of practice and CT and MRI protocols, as appropriate for modality, of the individual site and reading physician, transports patients to and from mobile/facility, maintains patient care, comfort and safety, under guidance and approval of site ordering provider and/or radiologist, administers contrast agents and/or radiopharmaceuticals according to protocol and procedure, completes and signs patient screening form and reviews/explains procedure to the patient and provides images to the facility in the desired site format.
- Maintains technical competency through ARRT CT and MRI registry examination, continued education, participation in hospital competency sponsored training programs; maintains confidentiality of all department and hospital information according to established policy and procedure. Must be able to perform injection procedures.
- Performs equipment quality checks and troubleshoots problems. Calls for service and notifies all pertinent team members; if applicable, assists with set up and tear down of equipment in accordance with hospital and/or manufacturer's guidelines; follows quality assurance and safety guidelines - including radiation safety; maintains a clean environment inside and outside mobile and facility, including infection prevention and control practices.
- Completes necessary administrative tasks. i.e.: time reports, billing, QA, etc. Demonstrates sustained proficiency in department and organization wide Electronic Information Systems, including Chart Access, Emergency and Clinic systems if applicable, radiology information system and PACS, laboratory information system if applicable, ELearning, and organizational policies and procedures.
- Provides service excellence that addresses cultural, spiritual, and other special needs of patients, families and staff.