Responsible for the management of the daily operation of the Facilities Management Environmental Systems program. Develops, plans, and directs programs and policies within Environmental Systems.
- Bachelor's Degree OR an equivalent combination of education/job related experience, AND:
- 24 months experience with Electrical, refrigeration, air conditioning, refrigeration pneumatics, or equivalent type using HVAC systems. Full-time vo-tech training in HVAC/ refrigeration may be substituted for two years’ experience.
- OR 72 months experience without the degree
- Ability to speak, read and write clear, concise English
- Ability to accurately read and understand written materials and instructions
- Advanced math skills
- Read and understand complex written materials such as blueprints, metrics or technical manuals
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Able to produce reports and complete work within deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to prepare the sections budget, maintain records, and prepare reports
- Use hand tools and diagnostic equipment
- Manage record-keeping activities, making changes to existing paper and computer documents
- Knowledge of installation and maintenance of HVAC systems, including pneumatic and digital
- Progressive knowledge of commercial building equipment, industrial HVAC equipment, utilities installation, maintenance of DDC and pneumatic controls. Proven growth in HVAC and related utilities construction and installation means and methods.
- Must be able to perform basic data analysis
- Able to effectively evaluate projects/programs and produce comprehensive reports
- Must be able to supervise staff and communicate directions and expectations effectively
- Must have strong ability to lead project teams
- Must be able to create and deliver effective training presentations
- Valid drivers license
- Unlimited Mechanical Contractor's License, to be filed on behalf of University of Oklahoma.
- Certification for use of refrigerant recovery/recycle equipment or ability to obtain the certificate within 12 months of employment.
- Boiler Operators License or ability to obtain within 12 months of employment.
- 12 months in a lead or supervisory capacity
Supervisor - Primary Role
If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy.
Please click on, "External Applicant." Next, look for the field that allows you to put in the job number, enter job number, 200466. This should allow you to view and apply for the job.
Attracting top students from across the nation and more than 100 countries around the world, OU provides a major university experience in a private college atmosphere. In fact, OU is number one in the nation in the number of National Merit Scholars enrolled at a public university, and is in the top five of public universities in the nation in the graduation of Rhodes Scholars.
OU has emerged as a pacesetter for public higher education in the United States and is ranked by The Princeton Review among the top 10 public universities in the nation in terms of academic excellence and cost for students. https://jobs.ou.edu/