Greater Seattle/Tacoma area
Northwest Physicians Network is now offering qualified candidates an opportunity to join our team as a Client Support Specialist. Our company values innovative problem solvers promotes personal and professional growth, and provides a supportive working environment that affords all team members a healthy work/life balance.
Under general supervision, responsible for maintaining Data Security procedures and applying approved security policies to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Effectively responds to and diagnoses voice, data, applications and programming related problems through discussion with users. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation and resolution steps. Involves use of problem management database and help desk systems. Escalates more complex problems to Network Desktop and Engineering staff or 3rd tier support. Will rotate on call from home network.
Northwest Physicians Network creates the opportunity for independent private practitioners to thrive in Washington State. By providing clinical integration support and data driven quality improvement, we have created a high value delivery network, making it possible for our providers to remain focused squarely on their patients.
80% Support Center
- Responsible for troubleshooting 1st and 2nd level calls relating to desktop, mobile devices, printers, network, voice, and applications. Complex calls are escalated to the desktop, Engineering staff or 3rd tier support
- Responsible for insuring all trouble calls are logged, monitored, escalated, solved, closed and reported in a timely fashion
- Assists in the documentation and resolution of common problems, escalating to the next level when necessary
- Prioritize customer calls to ensure timely service
- Follow-up with users to inform them of status of calls and escalate when necessary
- Assists in maintaining the help desk knowledgebase articles
- Remotely troubleshoot issues using a remote access tool to resolve problems
- Responsible for producing monthly help desk status reports
- Trains associate level IT Support Specialists as requested
- Assists in the testing of new or upgraded applications
- Keeps current on new technologies or applications by taking classes or e-Learnings
- Responds to Data Security problems including password setup and maintenance
- Maintains global distribution lists
- All staff members are to promote a positive and productive work environment by acting maturely and responsibly, satisfactorily performing his or her job responsibilities and conducting themselves in a professional, courteous and respectful manner toward fellow employees, physicians and patients.
- Must relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extreme; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond openly and appropriately to feedback regarding performance from a supervisor.
- Performs all duties in a manner which promotes and supports the Core Values and Compact of The Everett Clinic.
- Integrates Lean principles, practices and tools to improve operational efficiency, reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction.
- Frequently must follow written and oral instructions as well as complete routine tasks independently.
- Completes annual compliance training on HIPAA/Privacy/Confidentiality/Non-Discrimination/Harassment/Integrity Statement and signs Agreements.
- Ensures confidentiality of patient information following HIPAA guidelines and TEC policies.
- Attends training to meet requirements of the job position and as needed or mandated by TEC policies, Div. of Occupational Safety & Health (DOSH), OSHA, L&I and other state/federal regulations.
- Has regular and predictable attendance.
2% Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Note that these requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to
Knowledge: Experience with a healthcare EMR, lab system, voicemail and phones. PC hardware and software working knowledge. Experience with system security processes.
Skills: Strong problem solving/analytical skills and excellent communication skills. Outstanding customer service skills
Abilities: Ability to work independently and establish priorities. Ability to smile while talking on the phone. Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships with users when dealing with trouble calls
Education: High School diploma, some College or work equivalent preferred.
Experience: Minimum 4 years of experience working in a position providing technical customer service, preferably in a healthcare environment.
Certification: A+ certification preferred.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine and complex office administrative problems; may use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions; and interact with managers, staff, customers, patients, the public and others encountered in the course of work, some of whom may be dissatisfied or abusive individuals.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typical office conditions and noise level is usually quiet. Interaction with others is busy, constant and occasionally interruptive. Work may be demanding at times. May require ability to work irregular hours. Rotating shifts, can include evening hours and weekends
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CONTACTS: Reports to Client Support Supervisor. Works with other IT departments to resolve issues and works with IT security department on security procedures.
Job descriptions represent a general outline of job duties, functions and qualifications. They are not intended to be comprehensive in nature. In addition, jobs evolve over time and therefore their description may not reflect the precise nature of the position at a given point in time