About Corizon Health
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise, we encourage you to connect with us today.
- Responsible for overall functions of the QI process.
- Assists each facility's QI Committee in identifying high risk, high volume, and problem prone areas for monitoring and evaluation. Prepares and submits routine and special statistical reports.
- Assists in policy/procedure/system development, coordinates, tracks and trends QI monitoring and evaluation of topics with system wide implications.
- Facilitates QI problem solving activities and Mortality Review especially on issues and systems wide implications.
- Participates in major facilities' QI Committee with quarterly attendance at meetings.
- Prepares written evaluations twice annually of overall effectiveness of QI activities for Corizon Health and administrative staff.
- Ensures mental health record information confidentiality through appropriate release of medical record documentation.
- Prepares and participates in inter and intra departmental in-service education programs.
- Carries out defined standards, legal requirements and regulations of regulatory agencies, government authorities, professions and Corizon Health.
Experience & Requirements
- Bachelors of Science degree in Nursing is required. Masters of Science degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Maryland.
- At least three (3) years' experience as a Registered Nurse (RN), at least on year experience in a role, and thorough knowledge of Quality Improvement.
- One (1) year healthcare continuous quality improvement experience or certification in Lean and Lean Six Sigma in healthcare is a plus.
Job Locations US-MD-Baltimore
Category Nursing & Nursing Assistant
Position Type Regular Full-time
Shift / Schedule Weekday Day
Location ID 91219
Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health services jobs