Reports to: Director, Real Estate & Facilities
Location: Atlanta, GA
About Our Team and This Role:
Our employees are our greatest asset. We want them to be happy, healthy, and safe as partners in our success. We work together with our employees to sustain the inclusive work environment that has been one of our core values for nearly a century.
Beacon is a Fortune 500 company with over 580 locations in all US states and six Canadian provinces. In this role, you will lead the divisional Facilities Management process focused on both strategic and tactical development and implementation of our organization’s facilities location, structure, conditions, maintenance and safety that will enable operational efficiency and implementation of best practices and code compliance.
What You Will Be Working On:
- Visit and review the structures and properties, in which current or prospective employees conduct business, assessing key areas including functionality, compliance with environmental regulations, policies and standards, and organizational safety requirements
- Manage brokerage partners and Lease negotiations as assigned or when requested by the Director of Real Estate
- Create and review reports for the communication of observed conditions and recommend change and/or improvements to current practices and/or conditions
- Assist the organization’s branch management teams by qualifying and reviewing contractor proposals, hiring contractors and scheduling and maintenance necessary to keep a facility in good repair. Review all lease language before performing improvements to our facilities
- Utilize digital/electronic software/portal for maintenance of records, files and databases as required by the department and organization
- partner with branch management teams to develop strategies to enhance cost and operational efficiency across the real estate portfolio
- Actively engage with vendors, consultants and property professionals (e.g. – Hazardous Materials, Building Officials, Fire Inspectors, Contractors, etc) to provide the necessary goods and services to support the business objectives
- Provide portfolio and transaction management support by leading site selection activities for buildings being considered for greenfield development and relocations/consolidations
- Review & approve all specifications and bids for repairs and new construction for jobs over $2,500
- Assist with applications for building or zoning permits along with occupancy permits
- Review and/or assist with design, drawings, layouts, and approvals for all racking projects
- Assist Finance and Operations with creation of fiscal year capex budget
- Prioritize all leasehold improvement capital spend by monitoring budgets, forecasts and actuals to ensure that capital spend remains within given constraints
- Assist in all branch-related Capital Expense requests
- Interpret and provide input on commercial lease documents (leases, amendments, subleases)
- Works directly with Director of Real Estate and Corporate Counsel to negotiate all real estate related documents, including letters of intent, term sheets, leases, work letters, design and construction contracts, build-to-suit agreements, and purchase and sale agreements; to ensure the optimal terms and conditions to meet the needs of the business units
- With the Director of Real Estate, develop strategies for cost and operational efficiency in the real estate portfolio, working directly with District Managers and Regional Vice Presidents in each region
- Engage with branch personal soliciting input, and offer feedback with respect to operations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 25% - 50% travel
- Other special projects as assigned by the Director of Real Estate and Facilities or the Chief Logistics Officer
- 5 – 10 years of real estate and facilities management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Knowledge of standard construction practices, safety, fire prevention, warehouse operations, and related distribution business functions.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate policies and practices
- Relationship and vendor management skills
- Computer skills including, but not limited to, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Communication skills including report writing and speaking to groups.
- Ability to work effectively independently and with others.
- Knowledge of construction, building and property maintenance, building materials, material storage systems, material handling and fleet equipment, electrical, data wiring, HVAC systems, roof systems and roof conditions, and utilities.
About Beacon: Founded in 1928, Beacon is a Fortune 500, publicly-traded distributor of residential and commercial building products in North America, operating over 500 branches throughout all 50 states in the U.S. and 6 provinces in Canada. Beacon serves an extensive base of over 110,000 customers, utilizing its vast branch network and diverse service offerings to provide high-quality products and support throughout the entire business lifecycle. Beacon offers its own private label brand, TRI-BUILT, and has a proprietary digital account management suite, Beacon Pro+, which allows customers to manage their businesses online. Beacon’s stock is traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker symbol BECN. To learn more about Beacon, please visit