DEPARTMENT: Sales, National Sales Team
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
WORK SCHEDULE: M-F, either 7-4, 8-5, or 9-6, may need to flex times due to business needs
TRAVEL: Up to 10%
COMPENSATION: Base salary plus performance incentive bonus
INTERNAL JOB TITLE REFERENCE: Insurance Sales Consultant (ISC)
LOCATION: This position can be located in one of our main offices (Colorado Springs or Boise) or remote work from home. **Open to 100% remote work from home in any city for the right candidate**. To submit an application to work remotely simply apply to any of the open postings and just list you're wanting to work remote and that will go straight to the hiring manager.
Covr Technologies is a leading, InsurTech venture capital-backed company, focused on using technology to simplify the buying process for life insurance and related products. As an innovator in a rapidly evolving industry, Covr is a technology-driven company that provides a simpler way for people to protect what matters most. Through partnerships with financial institutions and advisors, Covr's innovative digital platform provides the capability to research, compare and buy life insurance from top providers, fully online and within minutes. Our employees enjoy a casual dress code, flexible hours and progressive work environment. We have a strong culture based on our core values: Client First, Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, Fun!
Our team is growing and we’re adding to our sales team! This role is a perfect opportunity for someone that is wanting to get off the road and work virtually out of our Boise, ID or Hartford, CT office location. This role is responsible for providing exceptional service to financial advisors and serves as a hybrid role between both an External Wholesaler and Internal Wholesaler position. The External Wholesaler – Virtual is responsible for managing and building insurance sales within a territory of financial advisors. Advisors are from various types of firms; including broker-dealers, banks, advisory firms and other financial institutions. Expected to be courteous, responsive, and professional in helping advisors with sales concepts, underwriting, product specifications, and general Covr processes as it relates to all types of life insurance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advises financial advisors on insurance products, sales concepts, and underwriting.
- Responsible for developing business plans that achieve and exceed sales targets for assigned territory.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with Financial Advisors in order to achieve sales targets.
- Partners closely with account management in order to advance sales within region.
- Continuously analyzes territories to assess market changes or trends, personnel changes or relationship needs, and revises business plan (visits, trainings, etc) accordingly.
- Serves as the initial contact for problem resolution. Researches and/or elevates issues to solve problems.
- Leverages the Company’s expertise by working effectively with areas such as Product Management, Advanced Sales, etc.
- Guides financial advisors on the use of the Covr digital insurance platform.
- Provides insurance quotes and case design to financial advisors and their clients for life insurance, disability income and asset based long term care
- Provides sales concept training to financial advisors that may be new to certain insurance concepts.
- Communicates benefits and features of various insurance products based on client needs.
- Performs other projects and tasks as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work-related experience
- Experience with field underwriting, and product niches
- Familiarity in life insurance, long term care, disability income, and case design
- Life and health insurance licensed with a minimum of 2+ years of life insurance sales experience
- Minimum Series 6, 63 required
- Knowledge of numerous carriers and different product lines a plus
- Persistent marketer with proven track record of high performance/activity
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task without losing focus
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to build phone-based relationship
- Familiar with general concepts of the financial planning and life insurance industries
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment with professional and technical fortitude
- Strong work ethic and high level of personal integrity and accountability
Check out our Employee Reviews on and to learn more about our culture!
We offer a competitive benefits package:
- Paid Time Off (PTO): 3 weeks to start increasing with years of service
- Paid holiday’s – 10.5 days, including two 4-day weekends!
- NEW - Downtown parking subsidy
- NEW - Summer Hours Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision – 90% of monthly premium paid by Covr for all full-time employees
- HSA employer contribution of $600/yr ($150/qtr)
- Adult and child orthodontia
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with quarterly company contributions
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- NEW - Pet insurance for cats and dogs!
- 401(k) with company match at 3.5%
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance of $25,000 for all full-time employees.
- Supplemental Life and AD&D insurance up to 5x’s salary for employee up to $300,000
- Supplemental Life and AD& D plans offered for spouse up to $100,00 and dependents up to $10,000
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs): medical, dependent, parking and transit
- Internal Applicants: Apply through Covr’s YourSource self-service portal.
- External Employees: Submit an external application by going to
- Have a question about an open position… Text your question directly to our HR department at
key words: wholesaler, life insurance, carrier, multi-carrier, term, perm, series 6, financial advisor, series 63, life insurance, health insurance, disability income, long-term care, case design, phone sales, virtual sales, sales desk, wholesaler, life insurance, carrier, multi-carrier, term, perm, series 6, financial advisor, series 63, life insurance, health insurance, disability income, long-term care, case design, phone sales, virtual sales, sales desk, wholesaler, life insurance, carrier, multi-carrier, term, perm, series 6, financial advisor, series 63, life insurance, health insurance, disability income, long-term care, case design, phone sales, virtual sales, sales desk.
Powered by JazzHR