We bring engineering ideas to life. In Product Development, we make driving more exciting, enjoyable and sustainable. Ford's Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, software, and functional models that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems.
We are seeking professionals who can contribute to our efforts with experience in the development of sensors, ECUs, models and software. This software test position is passionate about the validation and verification of new features per the DAT roadmap, but could also involve other elements of the process as we seek to add high quality people to the team.
- Lead and conduct the verification and validation of ADAS related software
- Develop test procedures, plans, automated scripts, and cases
- Define the test setup required to support validation and verification activities. For example, identify the equipment, tools, licenses, hardware, test systems (i.e. HiL), etc... needed and support test bench bring up
- Identify test dependencies such as specifications, interfaces, compliance, hardware, software components, etc...
- Determine opportunities and provide support for automation and tooling
- Perform automated and manual test execution, results analysis, root cause analysis, and verifications
- Contribute to team results through ownership in agile scrum development sprints
- Collaborate cross-functionally with technical specialists, feature owners, development teams, and other test teams in support of testing and development activities
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 1+ year of experience with embedded hardware and/or software design (including coursework/internship/co-op experience)
- 3+ years of experience as an automation developer or test engineer
- Understanding of Feature specifications, FMEAs, robustness disciplines and Design Verification Plan
- Understanding of performance requirements and the interactions with other features and the system, and establish procedures to verify performance both quantitatively and subjectively
- Familiarity with control algorithms using Matlab, Simulink or equivalent
- Experience working on Driver Assistance technologies using radar, cameras, sensors, or similar
- Experience with data collection and analysis, ideally in driver assist technology
- Proven ability working with Test Management tools for test strategy development, test case development, test execution (manual and automated), and test metric reporting
- Demonstrated ability to work with defect management system (e.g. JIRA)
- Ability to interpret C/C++, Java code, or logs to aid in issue resolution
- Experience working with automated test systems and test script development
- Experience with Matlab, Shell scripting, Jenkins, GitHub, Linux development
- Experience with low level debugging tools (Lauterbach ICE, Wireshark, Oscilloscope, etc....)
- Experience with automated testing environment, frameworks, and programming languages (ex: Gtest, CUnit, Slash, Python, Ruby, etc...)
- Experience with using hardware in the loop (HIL) systems and with test bench setup
- Experience with debuggers, Canalyzers and similar test equipment
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Job Number: 38377BR
Community / Marketing Title: DAT Software Verification and Validation Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sunrise, Florida US