- Completes basic performance testing and setup of installed services, including PC, Local Area Network, and/ or functionality of Voice over Internet Protocol telephone equipment. Provides prompt response to network issues; conducting preventive network repair. Maintains backhaul network; repairing network outages. May work with high voltage AC and DC electrical systems.
- Works outside or inside customer’s home or business to complete installations and repairs. Regularly climbs ladders and works on towers and rooftops.
- Initiates and follows through on capital and repair & maintenance projects at each site. Checks systems for correct functionality and optimal performance. Ensures proper site operation; inspecting cable and electrical equipment. Performs tower antenna and height mapping for tenant activity and regulatory compliance.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, repairs, replaces, and upgrades components. Troubleshoots physical layer problems with radio frequency/RF links; resolving IP network issue problems.
- Identifies potential performance “bottle necks" in the system. Notifies appropriate parties immediately of any issues which may affect efficient operations.
- Interacts with customers in a professional, courteous manner including when responding to escalations and repeat customer concerns. Treats customers with respect, courtesy, and professionalism at all times. Listens to descriptions of problems, answering questions, and resolving issues. Contacts homeowners and site managers to ensure installation satisfaction.
- Educates customers on the features and functionality of installed products. Explains waivers, agreements, and customer release forms. Communicates the wiring plan and equipment lay-out with customer prior to the installation. Cleans work area upon completion of job.
- Promotes Rise Broadband services to generate new accounts, service upgrades or additional services by explaining the advantages of additional products and services. Identifies and designs potential new areas to be developed.
- Communicates with Dispatch and monitors provided software throughout the day for information regarding changes to work schedule and for information about current installation.
- Supports co-workers and builds positive working relationships with all team members. Participates in team meetings as scheduled.
- Meets or exceeds performance goals and quality standards. Meets or exceeds productivity standards by prioritizing tasks and working efficiently.
- Completes required training within company-mandated time limits. Training includes, but is not limited to: Tower Climbing and Rescue Certification.
- Refers to and interprets schematics, manuals, and manufacturer's instructions. Updates and improves job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, and reading technical publications.
- Maintains and submits complete and accurate installation, service, and inventory records.
- Ensures adequate supply levels by maintaining inventory of stock and communicating needs to warehouse.
- Drives company truck between office and/or home, warehouse, and work sites in a safe and courteous manner, and in accordance with all laws and company policies. Maintains company truck and other equipment per service requirements and safety guidelines.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance required. Works on regularly scheduled days as well as unscheduled days and beyond regular work hours due to customer or operational demands, as needed. Work requires weekend and/or evening work and some travel may be required. May participate in on-call schedule rotation as needed.
- Adheres to all federal and state laws, company standards and policies. Follows all Company standard procedures, policies and safety practices in the course of performing work activities.
- Maintains a safe work environment by following safe practices and adhering to safety policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred; post-high school education a plus
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Valid state driver’s license and acceptable driving record in accordance with Company’s Motor Vehicle Policy
- Up to three years’ experience in fixed-wireless or job-related area, such as structured wiring (e.g., new construction electrical, low voltage wiring, home entertainment system wiring); field service installation and repair in voice technology (telephone); data (internet), or video (RF/cable).
- Comtrain certification mandatory (within 30 days of hire)
- Rigging certification preferred
- Excellent customer service, time management, and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of PC and MS Office products
- Ability to interact and communicate appropriate information to customers and team members in a professional manner
- Ability to effectively maintain professional appearance and demeanor in a variety of work environments
- Ability to read and interpret technical information, such as repair manuals, parts books, etc.
- Working knowledge of networking and electronics theory, and electrical codes and standards relative to communications
- Basic knowledge of RF wireless technologies, IP networking, and wireless planning
- Ability to analyze and define problems, calculate figures and amounts, prioritize work flow, multitask, meet deadlines, and remain flexible
- Ability to work required shifts and overtime (if necessary)
- Ability to travel and provide service in assigned geography
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently with limited supervision to complete tasks, respond to department requests, collaborate with others to utilize resources, and apply knowledge to identify quality solutions
Employee is constantly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. Must possess physical conditioning and stamina to climb heights up to 500 feet and perform physically demanding tasks at such heights. Must be able to frequently climb a ladder and work in an elevated position. On a constant basis, must safely lift, carry and maneuver heavy or awkward objects 100 pounds or more, with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required include close up, distance, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Full spectrum color vision required. Must be able to work safely in a field or office environment. Must be adept at working in adverse weather conditions. Daily travel within the Company’s geographical footprint is required.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility which will ever be required of an employee in this position, however, the employee will be held responsible for all duties assigned.
Electronic Application Procedures: Rise Broadband only considers applicants that complete our electronic application through our career center. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office 3 0 3 – 7 0 5 – 6 5 2 2.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere and Rise Broadband is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We are firmly committed to non-discrimination and affirmative action and it is the policy of the Rise Broadband to strive to afford equal opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic.
We are a drug free workplace and all employees must be authorized to work in the US. All offers of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a drug test, reference and criminal background investigation. Some positions will also require a motor vehicle record check.
For more information about the company please visit: http://risebroadband.com