Work Location: 601 First Street NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Position Classification: Full-Time Regular
About This Opportunity
The Maintenance Technician will undertake the responsibility to preserve the good condition and functionality of Rockford Construction properties. You will perform maintenance tasks of great variety such as painting, HVAC installations, landscaping along with other general maintenance duties. A Maintenance Technician is a thorough professional with a practical mind and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and responsibly by observing all health and safety guidelines at all times. The goal is to maintain the buildings and common areas in the best possible condition.
If you have facility maintenance experience, effective communication skills and an eye for detail, apply today and become a part of our dynamic team!
- 3 to 5 years of experience in facility maintenance.
- Experience in the general inspections of properties/buildings and maintaining inspection logs for fire inspection systems, cooling tower treatments, generator inspections, and maintaining logs in compliance with all federal, state and city regulations.
- Familiarity with commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the facility maintenance field.
- Experience coordinating and supervising vendors.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook) 365.
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills and management of multiple tasks at once.
- The ability to participate in a rotating on-call schedule.
- A valid driver’s license. Reliable transportation to visit properties in the Grand Rapids Metropolitan area.
- A minimum of a high school diploma.
- Web-based work order and/or Yardi experience.
- Certifications such as HVAC, Building Maintenance Technology, First AId and CPR.
Rockford offers competitive compensation, 401(k) with company match, comprehensive healthcare plans, generous paid time off including, continued learning and training opportunities, on-site health and wellness activities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work schedules, and access to industry-leading technology. Team members are also provided opportunities to help shape their community for future generations through volunteer time off and opportunities for involvement with local organizations.
Who We Are
At Rockford, we’re not just in the business of creating buildings – we’re creating neighborhoods, businesses and communities and we’re looking for people who are ready to make an impact. Rockford is a nationally recognized construction, development, and property management provider ranked by Engineering News-Record as one of the top 200 contractors in the nation. With regional offices in the Midwest and Southeast, we’ve built projects totaling more than $5 billion in varying scope and size, serving education, healthcare, hospitality, multi-unit, mixed-use, senior living, manufacturing and industrial clients. We’re delivering forward-thinking ideas with an approach that’s built on safety, teamwork and a dedication to quality. Rockford Construction respects and values the characteristics, talents, and perspectives that make each person unique. We believe that by bringing diverse individuals together, in an inclusive manner we can more effectively collaborate, innovate, and solve the problems that face our world. We are committed to creating and fostering a team, partners, and strategies that reflect this purpose.
The work environment for this position is a mix of a typical office environment and visits to construction project sites. Requires physical ability to climb ladders and heavy lifting at times. When in the office, the physical demands require the ability to sit for long periods of time. Intermittent movement will be necessary to perform requirements of the position such as accessing centrally located office equipment. Visits to construction project sites may involve travel. Site visits may subject the individual to hazards commonly associated with construction sites. Examples of physical hazards include noise, proximity to moving vehicles, atmospheric conditions, close quarters, uneven surfaces, and elevated surfaces. The individual may also be subjected to outside environmental conditions (weather) where protection may not be available.
Rockford Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We invite all qualified applicants to apply and do not discriminate against individuals because of their race, color, religion, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or age.